TED演讲:智能机器可以从鱼群中学到什么呢(6)
And coming back to the snorkeling trip, we actually understand a great deal about the rules that fish schools use.
再回到那个潜泳之旅,事实上我们非常了解鱼群的运动规则。
So if we can invent the bodies to go with that,
如果我们能创造一个那样的群体,
then maybe there is a future where I and my group will get to snorkel with a fish school of our own creation.
那么也许在未来,我的团队将和我们创造的鱼群展开一次潜泳之旅。
Each of these systems that I showed you brings us closer to having the mathematical and the conceptual tools
我向你们展示的每一个系统都使我们更接近利用数学和概念工具,
to create our own versions of collective power,
来创造属于我们的集体力量这一目标,
and this can enable many different kinds of future applications,
这也使许多不同的未来应用成为可能,
whether you think about robots that build flood barriers or you think about robotic bee colonies that could pollinate crops
机器人可以建筑防洪堤,可以给农作物授粉,
or underwater schools of robots that monitor coral reefs,
或是让水下机器人模拟珊瑚礁。
or if we reach for the stars and we thinking about programming constellations of satellites.
又或者假设我们抵达某个星球并设计了卫星的行星。
In each of these systems, being able to understand how to design the rules of engagement
在每一个系统中,能明白如何设计交互规则,
and being able to create good collective behavior becomes a key to realizing these visions.
以及创造良好的集体行为,成为了实现这些愿景的关键。
机器人工程师-科幻小说对未来的幻想向我们展示了人工智能如何被用于复制人思考的方式,但是如果我们对从自然界中发现的其他形式的智能也进行建模,那会怎么样呢?拉蒂卡纳格普研究了昆虫和鱼群的集体智能,并尝试着去理解它们的相互作用规则。在这个前瞻性的个性中,她展示了她创造人工集体力量的工作并展望未来一大群机器人如何一起建造防洪堤,为农作物传粉,模拟珊瑚礁以及成为卫星的行星。