TED演讲:性暴力的救赎之路(1)

In 1996, when I was 18 years old, I had the golden opportunity to go on an international exchange program.

1996年时,我18岁,我获得了一个国际交换项目的宝贵机会。

Ironically I’m an Australian who prefers proper icy cold weather,

但是,我是一个更喜欢“适当”寒冷天气的澳大利亚人,

so I was both excited and tearful when I got on a plane to Iceland, after just having farewelled my parents and brothers goodbye.

在我告别父母和兄弟们,登上去冰岛的飞机时,既激动,也有些伤心。

I was welcomed into the home of a beautiful Icelandic family who took me hiking,

我受到了一个非常友好的冰岛家庭的欢迎,他们带着我徒步旅行,

and helped me get a grasp of the melodic Icelandic language.

帮助我了解音调优美的冰岛语。

I struggled a bit with the initial period of homesickness.

起初,对家乡的思念让我有些挣扎。

I snowboarded after school, and I slept a lot.

我放学后去滑雪,也睡得很多。

Two hours of chemistry class in a language that you don’t yet fully understand can be a pretty good sedative.

用一门你还没能完全理解的语言,进行两小时的化学课,可以是一剂不错的“镇定剂”。

My teacher recommended I try out for the school play, just to get me a bit more socially active.

我的老师建议,我尝试一下学校的戏剧活动,让我能在社交上更加积极一些。

It turns out I didn’t end up being part of the play, but through it I met Thordis.

结果,我并未成功入选,但却遇见了Thordis。

We shared a lovely teenage romance, and we’d meet at lunchtimes to just hold hands and walk around old downtown Reykjavík.

我们情窦初开,我们午餐时见面,只是为了牵个手,在雷克雅未克的旧城中散步。

I met her welcoming family, and she met my friends.

我见过了她热情的家人,她也见过了我的朋友们。

We’d been in a budding relationship for a bit over a month when our school’s Christmas Ball was held.

直到学校的圣诞舞会,我们萌芽中的关系,才进行了一个月多一点时间。

20年前,他们是一对恋人,当一切看似美好、令人艳羡时,在一次学校舞会后,他竟然强奸了她… 20年后,他们来到TED演讲台坦诚面对过去,讲述这20年来彼此走过的一段漫长的救赎之路。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据