TED演讲:性暴力的救赎之路(3)

Despite limping for days and crying for weeks, this incident didn’t fit my ideas about rape like I’d seen on TV.

尽管接下来的很多天中,我都感到浑身无力,也连续哭了好几周,这件事,并不符合我对电视报道中强奸的理解。

Tom wasn’t an armed lunatic; he was my boyfriend.

Tom并不是一个有武器的精神错乱的人;他是我的男朋友。

And it didn’t happen in a seedy alleyway, it happened in my own bed.

这件事也并非发生在一条破旧的小巷中,它发生在我自己的床上。

By the time I could identify what had happened to me as rape,

直到我能够意识到,发生在我身上的是强奸时,

he had completed his exchange program and left for Australia.

他已经完成了交换项目,回到了澳大利亚。

So I told myself it was pointless to address what had happened.

所以,我告诉自己,再去强调已经发生的事没有意义。

And besides, it had to have been my fault, somehow.

此外,某种程度上来说,我一定也有错。

I was raised in a world where girls are taught that they get raped for a reason.

我从小接受的教育认为,女孩被强奸一定有其原因。

Their skirt was too short, their smile was too wide, their breath smelled of alcohol.

她们的裙子太短,她们的笑得过于开心,她们散发着酒气。

And I was guilty of all of those things, so the shame had to be mine.

我对所有这些都感到内疚,所以,我应当感到羞愧。

It took me years to realize that only one thing could have stopped me from being raped that night,

我花了很多年的时间,才意识到那天晚上,唯一能阻止我被侵犯的,

and it wasn’t my skirt, it wasn’t my smile, it wasn’t my childish trust.

不是我的裙子,不是我的笑容,更不是我幼稚的信任。

The only thing that could’ve stopped me from being raped that night is the man who raped me — had he stopped himself.

唯一能够阻止我在那天晚上被侵犯的,是强奸我的那个男人–能够阻止他自己。

20年前,他们是一对恋人,当一切看似美好、令人艳羡时,在一次学校舞会后,他竟然强奸了她… 20年后,他们来到TED演讲台坦诚面对过去,讲述这20年来彼此走过的一段漫长的救赎之路。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据