麦勒迪·霍布森2015南加利福尼亚大学毕业演讲(9)

Now let’s return to Felix. He’s in his violent death spin, remember?

现在让我们回到费利克斯。他还在剧烈地旋转中,感觉要死了,还记得吧?

Fifteen seconds into the jump, he’s going at 844 miles an hour — or as the physics majors know — Mach 1.25.

跳下去15秒后,他的降落速度达到每小时844英里,物理专业的学生们知道那是1.25马赫。

Now, he starts working systematically and using all of his years of preparation and training to right himself.

现在,他开始有条不紊地操作起来,利用他多年的准备和训练来恢复正常姿势。

And it actually doesn’t matter what he did or how he did it

实际上,他做了什么或是怎样做的并不重要,

because I don’t think any of us are going to find ourselves in this situation.

因为我觉得我们不会有人置身于这样的情形中。

But, what we can all take away from this is this:

但是我们所有人都可以从中学到这一点:

when you feel yourself spinning out at supersonic speeds, keep your wits about you and rely on your preparation.

当你感觉自己以超音速旋转时,保持头脑清醒,相信自己的准备。

Five minutes later, Felix landed safe and sound except for a few bruises and a slight case of whiplash,

5分钟后,费利克斯平安着陆,除了一些擦伤和轻微的颈部扭伤,并无大碍,

basically the equivalent of a fender-bender on exposition.

相当于理论上的小碰撞造成的伤害。

And I hope wherever you land, you too will wind up successful, happy and proud to have done something unique.

我希望无论你们在哪里着陆,最终也会成功、幸福,并为自己做了一些独特的事而自豪。

And if you can’t see a clear path to your dreams,

如果你们无法看到通往梦想的清晰路径,

I can offer you three equations that can help get you there. Now this is simple math.

我可以给你们三个等式来帮你们找到它。这是简单的数学问题。

So simple that even the students who took the selfie class are going to understand what I’m talking about.

非常简单,连学自拍的学生都能明白我在说什么。

麦勒迪·霍布森2015南加利福尼亚大学毕业演讲。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据