娜塔丽·波特曼2015哈佛毕业演讲(8)

In my professional life, it also took me time to find my own reasons for doing my work.

在我的职业生活中,我花了许多时间,寻找我自己做事的原因。

The first film I was in came out in 1994.

我的第一部电影在1994年上映。

Again, appallingly, the year most of you were born.

又是一件很吓人的事,那年你们大部分人才出生。

I was 13 years old upon the film’s release and I can still quote what the New York Times said about me verbatim.

电影出来时我才13岁,至今我仍能一字不差的复述《纽约时报》对我的评价。

Ms Portman poses better than she acts.

波特曼小姐摆造型的功力比演戏强很多。

The film had universally tepid critic response and went on to bomb commercially.

这部电影得到的所有评价都是不温不火,而商业方面则是惨败。

That film was called The Professional, or Leon in Europe.

这部电影叫做《这个杀手不太冷》。

And today, 20 years and 35 films later,

而到今天,过了20年,拍完了35部电影之后,

it is still the film people approach me about the most to tell me how much they loved it,

它仍是人们见到我时最常提到的片子,他们告诉我多爱这部片子,

how much they moved them, how it’s their favorite movie.

这片子多感人,说这是他们最爱的电影。

I feel lucky that my first experience of releasing a film was initially such a disaster by all standards and measures.

我感到很幸运,我首次参演的电影,起初在所有的标准和衡量上来看都是一场灾难。

I learned early that my meaning had to be from the experience of making film and the possibility of connecting with individuals

我很早就学到,我的价值应该来自于电影拍摄过程的体验,来自触碰人心的可能,

rather than the foremost trophies in my industry: financial and critical success.

而不是我们行业最首要的荣誉:商业和影评方面的成功。

And also these initial reactions could be false predictors of your work’s ultimate legacy,

而且,最初的反响可能会错误预测了你的作品最终的价值,

I started choosing only jobs that I’m passionate about and from which I knew I could glean meaningful experiences.

于是我开始只挑那些我热爱的事情来做,只选那些我知道能汲取到有意义经验的工作。

This thoroughly confused everyone around me: agents, producers, and audiences alike.

这让我周围的所有人都彻底困惑,经纪人、制片人、还有观众都是如此。

I made Gotya’s Ghost, a foreign independent film

我拍了外国独立电影《戈雅之灵》,

and study our history visiting the produce everyday for 4 months as I read about Goya and the Spanish Inquisition.

为此我学习艺术史,连续四个月我每天研读戈雅和西班牙裁判所。

I made for Vendetta, studio action movie for which I learned everything I could about freedom fighters

我拍了动作片《V字仇杀队》,为此我学习了所有自由战士相关的东西,

whom otherwise may be called terrorists, from Menachem Begin to Weather Underground.

他们也被叫做恐怖主义者,从Menachem Begin的书到Weather Underground组织。

I made Your Highness, a pothead comedy with Danny McBride and laughed for 3 months straight.

我和丹尼·麦克布莱德拍了大麻喜剧《王子殿下》,我连续笑了整整三个月。

I was able to own my meaning ant not have it be determined by box office receipts or prestige.

我可以决定我自己的价值,而不是让票房或名声来决定。

娜塔丽·波特曼2015哈佛毕业演讲。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据