TED演讲:火星现在是什么时间(7)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 89880 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
So we have the watches and the language, and you’re detecting a theme here, right?
我们有特制的手表和专门的语言,现在你们明白了吧?
So that we don’t get confused. But even the Earth daylight could confuse us.
这样我们不再搞混了。但是连地球的阳光,也会使我们感到困扰。
If you think that right now, you’ve come to work and it’s the middle of the Martian night
试想,你现在要来上班,现在是火星的午夜,
and there’s light streaming in from the windows that’s going to be confusing as well.
但是窗外却有很多阳光,这也会使你感到困惑。
So you can see from this image of the control room that all of the blinds are down.
你能从这张控制室的照片看出,所有的百叶窗全落了下来。
So that there’s no light to distract us.
所以就没有阳光来干扰我们。
The blinds went down all over the building about a week before landing, and they didn’t go up until we went off Mars time.
在登陆前,百叶窗会持续落下来一周,直到我们不再用火星时间,它们才会被拉起来。
So this also works for the house, for at home.
在家里也如此。
I’ve been on Mars time three times, and my husband is like, OK, we’re getting ready for Mars time.
我这样依照火星时间工作了三次,每次我丈夫就说:“好吧,我们准备好要过火星时间咯。”
And so he’ll put foil all over the windows and dark curtains and shades because it also affects your families.
于是他会在窗户上贴上锡纸,换上暗的窗帘和百叶窗,因为它同时也会影响你的家庭成员们。
And so here I was living in kind of this darkened environment, but so was he.
他只能陪着我一起生活在这种黑暗的环境下。
And he’d gotten used to it.
他也渐渐习惯了。
But then I would get these plaintive emails from him when he was at work.
但是当他在工作时,会发给我一些可怜兮兮的邮件。
Should I come home? Are you awake? What time is it on Mars?
我能回家么?你醒了么?现在是火星几点?
And I decided, OK, so he needs a Mars watch.
然后我觉得他也需要一只火星时间的手表。
纳金·考克斯是第一代火星人。作为美国航天局喷气推进实验室的一名航天器工程师,考克斯工作的团队操控着美国在火星的巡游者探测器。但是在另一个星球朝九晚五的上班很特别,尤其是这个星球还比地球多了40分钟,是很有意思也极具挑战的工作。