TED演讲:火星现在是什么时间(10)
Eventually, we’ll move to a modified Mars time, which is what we’re working now.
最终,我们得作息会依照修改过的火星的时间,这就是我们现在在做的。
And that’s because it’s hard on your bodies, it’s hard on your families.
因为这对你的身体和家庭都是个负担。
In fact, there were sleep researchers who actually were studying us
实际上,有睡眠专家一直在拿我们做实验观察对象,
because it was so unusual for humans to try to extend their day.
因为人类很难有机会去试图延长自己的一天。
And they had about 30 of us that they would do sleep deprivation experiments on.
我们有30人被观察,他们会在我们身上做一些缺觉的实验。
So I would come in and take the test and I fell asleep in each one.
我就会参与实验,在每个实验中去睡觉。
And that was because, again, this eventually becomes hard on your body. Even though it was a blast.
这种情况最终还是会对身体造成一些负担。即使只是一时的损害。
It was a huge bonding experience with the other members on the team, but it is difficult to sustain.
这段经历让团队的所有人同舟共济,但是很难持续。
So these rover missions are our first steps out into the solar system.
所以这个漫游者任务是我们迈向宇宙的第一步。
We are learning how to live on more than one planet.
我们正在学习如何生活在另外一个星球上。
We are changing our perspective to become multi-planetary.
我们正在改变原有的观点,逐渐适应多星球生活。
So the next time you see a Star Wars movie, and there are people going from the Dagobah system to Tatooine,
所以下次你去看星球大战的时候,一些人从荻克巴星到塔图因,
think about what it really means to have people spread out so far.
想像一下,那真的是条很远的道路。
What it means in terms of the distances between them,
他们之间到底距离有多远,
how they will start to feel separate from each other and just the logistics of the time.
他们离开彼此会有什么感觉,还有时间差的问题。
We have not sent people to Mars yet, but we hope to.
我们还没有把人类送到火星上,但是我想我们总有一天会做到。
And between companies like SpaceX and NASA and all of the international space agencies of the world,
例如美国太空探索技术公司和美国国家航空航天局,或是有国际空间站的国家,
we hope to do that in the next few decades.
我们希望可以在未来的几十年里实现。
So soon we will have people on Mars, and we truly will be multi-planetary.
所以不久,我们将有人生活在火星,那时我们就是真的多星球人了。
And the young boy or the young girl who will be going to Mars could be in this audience or listening today.
未来将会前往火星的少男少女们,今天可能恰巧就坐在这里听我的演讲。
I have wanted to work at JPL on these missions since I was 14 years old and I am privileged to be a part of it.
我自打14岁起,就想工作在喷气推进实验室来研究这个项目,如今我有幸成为了其中的一员。
And this is a remarkable time in the space program, and we are all in this journey together.
现在对于宇宙探索是个重要的时间,我们在一起经历了这些。
So the next time you think you don’t have enough time in your day,
所以下次你觉得自己时间不够的话,
just remember, it’s all a matter of your Earthly perspective. Thank you.
记住,这只是你在地球时的观点。谢谢!
纳金·考克斯是第一代火星人。作为美国航天局喷气推进实验室的一名航天器工程师,考克斯工作的团队操控着美国在火星的巡游者探测器。但是在另一个星球朝九晚五的上班很特别,尤其是这个星球还比地球多了40分钟,是很有意思也极具挑战的工作。