TED演讲之身体语言 请求的艺术(5)
Is this how stupid people die? And before I can change my mind, the door busts open.
愚蠢的人是不是就是这样死的?我还没来得及改变主意,门就打开了。
She’s an artist. He’s a financial blogger for Reuters, and they’re pouring me a glass of red wine and offering me a bath,
她是一位艺术家。他是路透社的一位金融博客写手,他们给我倒了一杯红酒让我洗澡,
and I have had thousands of nights like that and like that.
我经历过成千上万个这样的夜晚。
So I couchsurf a lot. I also crowdsurf a lot.
所以我常常做沙发客。也经常人群冲浪。
I maintain couchsurfing and crowdsurfing are basically the same thing.
我认为做沙发客和人群冲浪其实是一个概念。
You’re falling into the audience and you’re trusting each other.
落入人群中和信任他人。
I once asked an opening band of mine if they wanted to go out into the crowd and pass the hat to get some extra money, something that I did a lot.
我曾经问一支为我们开场的乐队,他们愿不愿意到人群中去,传递帽子筹一点额外的钱,我经常这样做。
And as usual, the band was psyched, but there was this one guy in the band who told me he just couldn’t bring himself to go out there.
和往常一样,乐队非常兴奋,但是其中有一位成员告诉我,他没有办法说服自己这样做。
It felt too much like begging to stand there with the hat.
拿着帽子站在那里感觉实在是太像乞讨了。
And I recognized his fear of “Is this fair?” and “Get a job.”
我意识到这种恐惧就是我想到“这公平吗?”和听到“找份工作去!”的时候的感受。
And meanwhile, my band is becoming bigger and bigger.
同时,我的乐队发展得越来越好。
We sign with a major label. And our music is a cross between punk and cabaret.
我们和一家主流厂牌签约。我们的音乐是朋克和卡巴莱的集合体。
It’s not for everybody. But…Well, maybe it’s for you.
不是所有人都能接受。也许你会喜欢的。
演讲简介:
Amanda Palmer说,不要迫使人们为音乐付费,而是让他们心甘情愿的掏口袋!在一场充满激情的TED演讲中,Amanda Palmer首先与我们分享了她早年作为一个街头艺人(八英尺新娘活雕像)的有趣经历,继而引出她对艺术家和粉丝之间新关系的独特思考。