TED演讲:关于人性名利和爱(4)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 90511 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
I started to feel that I had arrived, and generally, by the time I was 40, I was really, really flying.
我开始意识到我成功了,在我40岁左右,我感觉自己真的就像是身处云端。
I was all over the place. You know? I’d done 50 films by then and 200 songs, and I’d been knighted by the Malaysians.
我变得无所不在,无所不能。你知道,到目前为止我拍了50部电影和超过200首歌舞插曲,马来西亚授予我勋爵。
I had been given the highest civil honor by the French government,
法国政府给我颁发最高的平民荣誉,
the title of which for the life of me I can’t pronounce even until now.
虽然我至今还念不出那个头衔的名字。
I’m sorry, France, and thank you, France, for doing that.
抱歉,法国,还是非常感激你们颁奖给我。
But much bigger than that, I got to meet Angelina Jolie — for two and a half seconds.
但是比那个更大的荣幸是我见到了安吉丽娜·朱莉–虽然就只有两秒半。
And I’m sure she also remembers that encounter somewhere. OK, maybe not.
但是我觉得她一定记得我们在哪里见过。好吧,也许没有。
And I sat next to Hannah Montana on a round dinner table with her back towards me most of the time.
我也曾和孟汉娜同桌共进晚餐,虽然她几乎都是背对着我的。
Like I said, I was flying, from Miley to Jolie, and humanity was soaring with me.
就像我说的,我身处云端,从麦莉到朱莉,我的事业到达了巅峰,人性也随之驰骋。
We were both pretty much flying off the handle, actually.
在这黄金的岁月里,可以说我和人性的发展几乎是都到达了巅峰。
And then you all know what happened. The internet happened.
之后发生的变化各位都知道,网络出现了。
I was in my late 40s, and I started tweeting like a canary in a birdcage and assuming that,
在我快要50岁的时候,我默默地玩起了推特,
you know, people who peered into my world would admire it for the miracle I believed it to be.
然后期待圈外人也能有兴趣窥探我的内在世界,或者欣赏我所相信的那些奇迹。
But something else awaited me and humanity.
但是事情并没有如我和人们所预料的。
You know, we had expected an expansion of ideas and dreams with the enhanced connectivity of the world.
我们以为想法和梦想会随着网络扩散出去。
We had not bargained for the village-like enclosure of thought, of judgment, of definition
没想到的是,那些故步自封的成见、断论和解读,
that flowed from the same place that freedom and revolution was taking place in.
也随着自由与思想的革命,一同产生。
Everything I said took a new meaning. Everything I did — good, bad, ugly — was there for the world to comment upon and judge.
我说的每一句话都会以不同的方式被解读。我做的每一件事–不论好坏还是美丑–就在那里让全世界去评论和判断。
As a matter of fact, everything I didn’t say or do also met with the same fate.
事实上我没做过的事或说过的话,也要面临着同样的命运。
“我贩卖梦想,也向数百万人兜售爱。”宝莱坞天王沙鲁克汗如是说。在这场迷人又风趣的演说中,沙鲁克汗回顾了他的人生轨迹,秀了几招牌舞步,也分享了自己在演艺圈学到的人生智慧。