TED演讲:我们为什么会对机器人有感情(4)

Now, we’re headed towards a world where robots are everywhere.

我们正迈入一个机器人无处不在的社会。

Robotic technology is moving out from behind factory walls.

机器人科技正在走出工厂的围墙。

It’s entering workplaces, households.

它们正在进入工作场所,家居环境。

And as these machines that can sense and make autonomous decisions and learn enter into these shared spaces,

随着这些能够感知并自己做决定和学习的机器进入这些共享空间,

I think that maybe the best analogy we have for this is our relationship with animals.

我认为一个最好的类比就是我们和动物的关系。

Thousands of years ago, we started to domesticate animals, and we trained them for work and weaponry and companionship.

几千年前,我们开始驯养动物,我们训练它们为我们工作,保护和陪伴我们。

And throughout history, we’ve treated some animals like tools or like products,

在这个历史进程中,我们把有些动物当作工具或产品使用,

and other animals, we’ve treated with kindness and we’ve given a place in society as our companions.

对其它一些动物,我们则对它们很好,在社会中给予它们同伴的位置。

I think it’s plausible we might start to integrate robots in similar ways.

我认为我们可能会开始以类似的方式整合机器人。

And sure, animals are alive. Robots are not.

当然,动物有生命。机器人没有。

And I can tell you, from working with roboticists, that we’re pretty far away from developing robots that can feel anything.

作为机器人专家,我可以告诉各位,我们距离能产生感情的机器人还很遥远。

But we feel for them, and that matters, because if we’re trying to integrate robots into these shared spaces,

但我们同情它们,这点很重要,因为如果我们尝试把机器人整合进这些共享空间,

we need to understand that people will treat them differently than other devices, and that in some cases, for example,

就需要懂得人们会把它们与其他设备区别对待,而且在有些场景下,比如,

the case of a soldier who becomes emotionally attached to the robot that they work with,

那个士兵对一起工作的机器人产生情感依恋的例子,

that can be anything from inefficient to dangerous.

这可能是低效的,也可能是危险的。

But in other cases, it can actually be useful to foster this emotional connection to robots.

但在其他场景下,培养与机器人的情感联系可能非常有用。

We’re already seeing some great use cases,

我们已经看到了一些很好的使用场景,

for example, robots working with autistic children to engage them in ways that we haven’t seen previously,

比如跟自闭症儿童一起的机器人以我们前所未见的方式与他们互动,

or robots working with teachers to engage kids in learning with new results. And it’s not just for kids.

或者让机器人与老师共事,在帮助孩子们学习方面获得新的成果。并且并不只适用于儿童。

Early studies show that robots can help doctors and patients in health care settings.

早期的研究发现机器人可以在医疗保健领域帮助医生和病人。

机器人伦理学家凯特·达林指出,我们还远无法开发出有感情的机器人,但我们已经对机器人产生了感觉,而这种本能会导致一些后果。通过这个演讲来一起了解我们在生物学上是如何将意图和生命投射到机器上的——以及机器人如何帮助我们更好地了解自己。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据