TED演讲:女人的愤怒蕴藏着一生的智慧(3)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 90589 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
Fellas, can you imagine you’re just on your phone, and someone walks up to you and just takes it out of your hand?
各位,你能想象当你在打电话的时候,有人走过来,然后直接把电话从你手中拿走吗?
And they’re like, “OK dude, I don’t know why you’re getting so upset, I want to make a phone call.
而他们却一副无所谓的表情,“哥们,我不知道这有什么好生气的。我想打个电话。
I’m going to give it back to you as soon as I’m done. Whatever.”
打完电话就还给你。没什么大不了的。”
And then imagine if someone takes that cell phone out of your hands — I don’t know — once a day, twice a day, random times.
再想像一下,如果每天都有人从你手中拿走电话,或者一天两次,无数次。
And the explanation is, “Yeah, well, I mean, you got a fancy case,”
理由是,“你的手机壳很好看,”
or “You shouldn’t have taken it out of your pocket,” or “Yep. Yeah. That’s just the way it is.”
或者“你不该把手机从兜里拿出来,”或者“是啊,没错。我就是拿了。”
But somehow, no one ever talks about the person who took the cell phone.
但是没有人去职责指责那个拿别人手机的人。
Overly simplified, I get it, but you see where I’m going.
我知道我说的有点简单粗暴,但是你们知道我想说的是什么。
Men are so used to helping themselves, that it’s like … they can’t help themselves.
男性太习惯于不问自取,就好像他们会情不自禁一样,
And not because men are fundamentally less moral, but because this is a very big blind spot for most men.
并不是因为男性天生道德感不强,而是因为对于大多数男性来说,这是一大盲点。
When someone helps themselves to a woman, it not only triggers discomfort and distress,
当有人下意识地替女性做主时,就会勾起我们那些难过、痛苦
but the unspoken experiences of our mothers’ lives, sisters’ lives and generations of women before us.
甚至难言的经历,曾经存在于我们母亲的生命中,我们姐妹的生命中,乃至古往今来所有女性的生命中。
That’s lifetimes of women dealing with men who assume they know better for us than we know for ourselves,
世世代代,女性都要和那些男性打交道,他们自以为比女性自己更明白什么是为我们好,
being the property of husbands, landowners, and having old, white men tell us the fate of our lady parts;
成为丈夫的财产,地主的财产,由着白人老头决定我们女性私处的命运;
lifetimes of having our bodies used for love and objects of desire,
世世代代,我们的身体成为爱和欲望的对象,
instead of bodies that we get to wield and use as we choose;
而不是按照我们自己的选择来支配我们的身体;
lifetimes of knowing that whether we play by their rules or not, we still have to tolerate harassment, assault and even worse;
世世代代,不论我们是不是按照他们的规则生活,我们仍然不得不忍受骚扰、攻击甚至更糟糕的行为;
lifetimes of our bodies being used as property that can be hit and hurt,
世世代代,我们的身体就像物品,可以被殴打、伤害、
manipulated and moved and like objects that are not deserving of respect;
被摆布、被推开,像物品一样不值得尊重;
lifetimes of not being able to express the anger of our bodies.
世世代代,我们无法表达身体的愤怒。
It’s no wonder we feel this fury.
难怪我们会感到恼怒。
And if you add in the history of race — which is a whole other talk — it gets exponentially more complicated.
如果追溯到种族的历史–那是另一个话题了–这种怒火会变得加倍复杂。
女演员兼活动家特雷斯·埃利斯·罗斯提到,全球女性的经历已不能再被忽视了。她以大胆率直的演讲,向男性和女性发出了迎接美好未来的邀请。