TED演讲之身体语言 用"云"建立一所学校(5)

When they saw me, they said, "We want a faster processor and a better mouse."

当他们看到我时,他们说:“我们想要更快一点的处理器和更好一点的鼠标。”

So I said, "How on Earth do you know all this?"

我说:“你们到底是怎么知道全部这些的?”

And they said something very interesting to me.

然后他们告诉了我一些非常有意思的事情。

In an irritated voice, they said, "You've given us a machine that works only in English, so we had to teach ourselves English in order to use it."

他们带着生气的口吻说:“你给了我们一台只能用英语动起来的电脑,所以我们只能自己教自己英文才能用得了。”

I've…That's the first time, as a teacher, that I had heard the word "teach ourselves" said so casually.

那是我作为教师,头一次听人如此随意地说“教自己”。

Here's a short glimpse from those years.

来回顾一下那几年。

That's the first day at the Hole in the Wall. On your right is an eight-year-old. To his left is his student. She's six.

那是有了墙洞的第一天。你们右边方向的孩子8岁。他左边的是他的学生,六岁。

And he's teaching her how to browse.

他正在教她怎么浏览页面。

Then onto other parts of the country, I repeated this over and over again, getting exactly the same results that we were.

跟着在这个国家的其他地方,我一再地重复这个实验,得到的结果都是相同的。

An eight-year-old telling his elder sister what to do.

一个八岁的孩子在教他的姐姐如何操作。

And finally a girl explaining in Marathi what it is, and said, "There's a processor inside."

最后一个女孩用马拉地语解释这是什么,她说:“里面有个处理器。”

So I started publishing. I published everywhere.

于是我开始了宣传。我四处宣传。

I wrote down and measured everything, and I said, in nine months, a group of children left alone with a computer in any language will reach the same standard as an office secretary in the West.

我记录并评估每件事。我说,在九个月的时间里,一群孩子与一台设置成任何语言的计算机单独在一起,将会达到同西方办公室秘书一样的操作水准。

I'd seen it happen over and over and over again.

我看到这样的事一再重演。

演讲简介

几个世纪教育思想家们对于主要的教育问题都争论不休:如何激发孩子们的创造力,好奇心以及想象力呢?我们这一代需要通过全球网络的连通性了解这个世界,世界将不再如此浩瀚。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据