TED演讲:多元化的自己究竟有多大力量(3)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 90663 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
So with this realization in mind, I decided to embrace all of the different versions of myself
带着这种认识,我决定接受一个截然不同的自己,
even allow myself to reinvent myself at times.
甚至允许自己以全新的面貌出现。
So for example, in high school, I have to confess I was a mega-nerd.
比如,在高中的时候,我不得不承认我是个书呆子。
I had no sense of fashion — thick glasses, simple hairstyle — you can get the idea.
对于时尚一窍不通–戴着厚眼镜,留着简单的发型,相信你们能想象出来。
I think, actually, I only had friends because I shared my homework. That’s the truth.
我觉得,那时候我之所以有朋友,是因为我借作业给他们抄。是真的。
But once at university, I was able to find a new identity for myself, and the nerd became a popular girl.
但在大学的时候,我找到了自己新的身份,从书呆子变成了受欢迎的女孩。
But it was MIT, so I don’t know if I can take too much credit for that.
但因为我在麻省理工,所以我也不知道这种改变到底有多大用处。
As they say over there, “The odds are good, but the goods are odd.”
他们那儿有句话,“数量挺多的,质量却不好。”
I switched majors so many times that my advisors joked that I should get a degree in “random studies.”
我换了很多次专业,最后我的顾问开玩笑说,我应该去修一个“随机专业”学位。
I told this to my kids.
我把这件事告诉了我的孩子们。
And then over the years, I have gained a lot of different identities.
这些年我有了许多不同的身份。
I started as an inventor, entrepreneur, social innovator.
最开始我是作为一名发明者,企业家,社会革新者。
Then I became an investor, a woman in tech, a teacher.
之后我成为了投资人,技术女性,老师。
And most recently, I became a mom, or as my toddler says repeatedly, “Mom!” day and night.
最近我成为了一名母亲,或者像我的小家伙不停叫着的,“妈~妈~”,从早到晚。
Even my accent was so confused — its origin was so obscure, that my friends called it, “Rebecanese.”
就连我的口音也很奇怪–它是如此复杂,以至于我的朋友管它叫“瑞贝卡语”。
瑞贝卡·黄的一生都在不停地切换身份–在韩国出生,在阿根廷长大,在美国上学–长久以来,她甚至无法找到一个可以称之为老家的地方。在这个充满挑战的过程中,她有了一个关键的认识:多元化的背景在今天这个全球化的世界中是一个明显的优势。在这个关于她自己的演讲中,黄分享了接受复杂身份所能带来的众多好处,以及她希望建立一个新世界的愿望,在那里身份不再让人们彼此疏离,而是互相靠近。