TED演讲之身体语言 用"云"建立一所学校(9)
I got the camera angle wrong.
我把相机角度弄错了。
That one is just amateur stuff, but what she was saying, as you could make out, was about neurons, with her hands were like that,
那是张业余作品,但是她说话的内容,你们能听得出来,是关于神经元的,她的手那样比划,
and she was saying neurons communicate. At 12.
她正在说神经元之间的信息传递。12岁。
So what are jobs going to be like?
那么工作将会变成怎样呢?
Well, we know what they’re like today. What’s learning going to be like?
唔,我们知道他们现在的样子。学习将会变成怎样呢?
We know what it’s like today, children pouring over with their mobile phones on the one hand
我们知道它现在的情形,孩子们蜂拥而来一手抓着手机
and then reluctantly going to school to pick up their books with their other hand.
然后不情愿地去学校用另一个手拿起课本。
What will it be tomorrow? Could it be that we don’t need to go to school at all?
明天会是怎样的情景?会变成我们完全不用去学校吗?
Could it be that, at the point in time when you need to know something, you can find out in two minutes?
会变成,在某个时间你需要了解什么,你能在两分钟里查到吗?
Could it be — a devastating question, a question that was framed for me by Nicholas Negroponte — could it be that we are heading towards or maybe in a future where knowing is obsolete?
会不会变成——尼葛洛庞帝提了一个非常棘手的问题,难住了我——会不会变成我们所向往的那样又或者在将来连知识都会过时了?
But that’s terrible. We are homo sapiens.
但那样太糟糕了。我们是智人。
Knowing, that’s what distinguishes us from the apes.
正是知识,把我们和猿猴区分出来。
But look at it this way. It took nature 100 million years to make the ape stand up and become Homo sapiens.
但不妨这样想。大自然用了1亿年让猿站立起来变成智人。
It took us only 10,000 to make knowing obsolete. What an achievement that is. But we have to integrate that into our own future.
我们只花了1万年让知识成为过去时。这是多大的成就。但我们必须把这些成就纳入我们的未来一起考虑。
Encouragement seems to be the key.
也许关键在于激励机制。
If you look at Kuppam, if you look at all of the experiments that I did, it was simply saying, “Wow,” saluting learning.
想想Kuppam,想想所有我做过的实验,“哇!”那些都仅仅是在向学习致敬。
There is evidence from neuroscience, the reptilian part of our brain, which sits in the center of our brain,
神经系统科学表明,位于我们大脑中央位置的爬行动物脑,
when it’s threatened, it shuts down everything else, it shuts down the prefrontal cortex, the parts which learn, it shuts all of that down.
当它受到威胁时会使其他部分停工,它会关闭负责学习的额叶皮质,把它完全关闭。
Punishment and examinations are seen as threats.
惩罚和考试都被看作是威胁。
We take our children, we make them shut their brains down, and then we say, “Perform.”
我们让孩子们过来,让他们关闭自己的大脑,然后说:“做吧。”
Why did they create a system like that? Because it was needed.
为什么会有这样一个系统?因为这是种需要。
There was an age in the Age of Empires when you needed those people who can survive under threat.
在帝国时代,你需要一些能够受到威胁而能存活下来的人。
When you’re standing in a trench all alone, if you could have survived, you’re okay, you’ve passed.
当你独自站在战壕里,要是你活下来了,好吧,你过关了。
If you didn’t, you failed. But the Age of Empires is gone.
如果没有,你就输了。但帝国时代已经远去了。
What happens to creativity in our age? We need to shift that balance back from threat to pleasure.
在我们这个时代应该如何对待创造力?我们必须把它扭转过来,从威胁变为乐趣。
演讲简介:
几个世纪教育思想家们对于主要的教育问题都争论不休:如何激发孩子们的创造力,好奇心以及想象力呢?我们这一代需要通过全球网络的连通性了解这个世界,世界将不再如此浩瀚。