TED演讲之败中求胜 怎样从错误中学习(5)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 91064 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
My students produced these info-graphics
我的学生们制作了这些信息图表,
as a result of a unit that we decided to do at the end of the year responding to the oil spill.
结果是我们决定以这个汇报作为我们学年的总结报告,内容是回应漏油事件。
I asked them to take the examples that we were seeing of the info-graphics that existed in a lot of mass media,
我要求他们拿他们看过的资讯图表当做范例,就是在媒体里展示的那些信息图表,
and take a look at what were the interesting components of it,
仔细看看那里头什么是有趣的,
and produce one for themselves of a different man-made disaster from American history.
然后自己设计一个以美国历史中其他的人为灾难为主题。
And they had certain criteria to do it.
我为这项作业设了一些其他的条件。
They were a little uncomfortable with it, because we’d never done this before, and they didn’t know exactly how to do it.
他们觉得这个作业有些困难,因为我们从来没有出过这样的作业,而他们不完全知道要怎么进行。
They can talk — they’re very smooth, and they can write very, very well,
他们可以谈论这议题,相当顺畅,他们也能写得非常非常得好,
but asking them to communicate ideas in a different way was a little uncomfortable for them.
但当被要求要用一种其他的方式来表达想法的时候,他们有点无所适从。
But I gave them the room to just do the thing. Go create. Go figure it out. Let’s see what we can do.
但我给了他们空间去做这个作业。去创造,去自己发现该怎么做。让我们拭目以待我们可以完成些什么。
And the student that persistently turns out the best visual product did not disappoint.
最后那些总是呈现最佳视觉效果作品的学生,这次也没有让人失望。
This was done in like two or three days. And this is the work of the student that consistently did it.
这个作品大概花了两三天的时间,而这是来自一个经常很棒得完成作业的学生。
And when I sat the students down, I said, “Who’s got the best one?”
然后当我要所有学生坐下来,我问他们,“谁交出了最好的作品?”
And they immediately went, “There it is.” Didn’t read anything. “There it is.”
他们立刻指着这个作品回答,“这件”。他们并没有细读其中的内容就回答了“这件”。
And I said, “Well what makes it great?”
然后我说,“那么,是什么因素让这个作品这么好?”
And they’re like, “Oh, the design’s good, and he’s using good color. And there’s some … ”
他们回答说,“喔,设计得很好,他用了很好的颜色组合,还有一些…”
And they went through all that we processed out loud.
他们分别说了想法,我们一起进行了讨论
And I said, “Go read it.” And they’re like, “Oh, that one wasn’t so awesome.”
我说,“现在去读读内容”。接着他们说,“喔,现在看起来好像其实没有那么好。”
And then we went to another one — it didn’t have great visuals, but it had great information
后来我们谈到另外一个作业–那个作品没有很好的视觉设计,但是有非常好的资讯内容,
and spent an hour talking about the learning process,
我们接着花了大概一个小时来讨论这个学习过程,
because it wasn’t about whether or not it was perfect, or whether or not it was what I could create.
因为那并不是关于哪个作品比较完美,或是我能或不能创造出这样的东西。
It asked them to create for themselves, and it allowed them to fail, process, learn from.
这作业是要他们为自己创作。这作业也让他们有失败的可能,消化思考之后,从失败中学习。
And when we do another round of this in my class this year, they will do better this time,
今年,当我们又再一次尝试类似的作业,他们都将会比去年做的更好,
because learning has to include an amount of failure, because failure is instructional in the process.
因为学习必须包含一定程度的失败,因为在学习的过程中,失败具有教学意义。
演讲简介:
Diana Laufenberg与大家分享了她从教学中学到的3个令人惊讶的事情,包括一个从错误中学习的关键认识。