TED演讲之败中求胜 你为何不会成就伟业(7)

What do you want me to say?

你们想让我说什么?

Now, do you really want me to say now, tell you, "Really, I swear I don't kick children."

现在,你们真的想让我说,告诉你们,“真的,我发誓我不踢小孩。”

Look at the worldview you've given yourself. You're a hero no matter what.

嗯?看看你给自己定的世界观。无论如何你都是个英雄。

And I, by suggesting ever so delicately that you might want a great career, must hate children.

然而我,通过暗示,这么小心翼翼地,说你可能想要成就伟业,一定痛恨小孩。

I don't hate children. I don't kick them.

我不恨小孩。我不踢他们。

Yes, there was a little kid wandering through this building when I came here, and no, I didn't kick him.

是的,刚才我来的时候有个小孩走过来,我没踢他。

Course, I had to tell him the building was for adults only, and to get out.

当然,我不得不告诉他这个楼是给大人的,他得出去。

He mumbled something about his mother, and I told him she'd probably find him outside anyway.

他含糊地说他妈妈什么的,然后我跟他说他妈估计在外面找他呢。

Last time I saw him, he was on the stairs crying. What a wimp.

我上次看到他的时候他正在台阶上哭呢。真是个懦夫。

But what do you mean? That's what you expect me to say.

但是你是什么意思?这就是你们期待我说的。

Do you really think it's appropriate that you should actually take children and use them as a shield?

你真的认为,你真的认为拿小孩当挡箭牌合适吗?

You know what will happen someday, you ideal parent, you?

你知道有一天会发生什么,你,完美的父母,对吗?

The kid will come to you someday and say, "I know what I want to be. I know what I'm going to do with my life."

你的孩子有一天会跟你说,“我知道我想做什么。我知道我想怎么度过一生。”

You are so happy. It's the conversation a parent wants to hear,

你特别高兴。这种对话父母最爱听了,

because your kid's good in math, and you know you're going to like what comes next.

因为你的孩子数学好,而且你知道你会爱听你孩子接下来的话。

Says your kid, "I have decided I want to be a magician. I want to perform magic tricks on the stage."

你孩子说,“我决定了,我想做个魔术师。我想在舞台上表演魔术。”

演讲简介

在这个风趣直率的演讲中,Larry Smith告诉你人们不去追求梦想的种种借口。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据