TED演讲之败中求胜 你为何不会成就伟业(9)

And so the sins of the parents are visited on the poor children.

然后父母的罪恶就在可怜的孩子们身上应验了。

Why will you seek refuge in human relationships as your excuse not to find and pursue your passion? You know why.

你为什么把人际关系当成你不去追随你的热忱的借口?你自己知道为什么。

In your heart of hearts, you know why, and I’m being deadly serious.

在你内心的内心,你知道为什么,而且我现在非常严肃。

You know why you would get all warm and fuzzy and wrap yourself up in human relationships.

你知道你为什么会在人际关系中层层包裹自己。

It is because you are — you know what you are.

这是因为你是–你知道你是什么。

You’re afraid to pursue your passion. You’re afraid to look ridiculous.

你不敢去追求梦想。你害怕自己看起来像个疯子。

You’re afraid to try. You’re afraid you may fail.

你不敢去尝试。你害怕失败。

Great friend, great spouse, great parent, great career.

好朋友,好伴侣,好父母,伟业。

Is that not a package? Is that not who you are? How can you be one without the other? But you’re afraid.

不是打包在一起的吗?这难道不是你?你怎么能符合其中一个却不符合另一个?但是你害怕。

And that’s why you’re not going to have a great career.

这就是为什么你不会成就伟业。

Unless — “unless,” that most evocative of all English words — “unless.”

除非–除非,最引人回忆的词–除非。

But the “unless” word is also attached to that other, most terrifying phrase, “If only I had …” “If only I had …”

但是除非这个词和另外一个最可怕的短语是连着的,“如果我当初…”“如果我当初…”

If you ever have that thought ricocheting in your brain, it will hurt a lot.

如果你曾经有过这个想法在你脑海里回旋,它会特别伤人。

So, those are the many reasons why you are going to fail to have a great career. Unless — Unless. Thank you.

所以,这些就是你为什么不能成就伟业的众多原因。除非…除非。谢谢。

演讲简介

在这个风趣直率的演讲中,Larry Smith告诉你人们不去追求梦想的种种借口。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据