TED演讲:恐惧核能是怎样伤害环境的(10)

As I was leaving China, the engineer that brought Bill Gates there kind of pulled me aside, and he said,

当我离开中国的时候,那个请来比尔·盖茨的工程师曾把我拉到一边,然后他说,

“You know, Michael, I appreciate your interest in all the different nuclear supply technologies,

“你知道吗,迈克尔,我很欣赏你能对不同核电技术感兴趣。

but there’s this more basic issue, which is that there’s just not enough global demand.

但是有一个更基本的问题,世界并没有足够大的需求,

I mean, we can crank out these machines on assembly lines, we do know how to make things cheap,

我的意思是,我能在流水线上组装这些机器,我们也知道怎样让它变便宜,

but there’s just not enough people that want them.”

但是没有人愿意购买它们。

And so, let’s do solar and wind and efficiency and conservation.

因此,我们还是使用太阳能和风能发电,保证效率。

Let’s accelerate the advanced nuclear programs.

我们需要加速先进的核项目。

I think we should triple the amount of money we’re spending on it.

我认为我们应该将对核项目的投资翻倍。

But I just think the most important thing, if we’re going to overcome the climate crisis,

但是我认为最重要的是,如果想要解决气候危机,

is to keep in mind that the cause of the clean energy crisis isn’t from within our machines,

就必须记住清洁能源危机产生的原因,那并不是由机器产生的,

it’s from within ourselves. Thank you very much.

而是由我们自己。非常感谢。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据