TED演讲之入门 内向性格的力量(10)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 91713 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
But he also loved his congregation,
但他也很享受宗教集会,
and you could feel this love in the sermons that he gave every week for the 62 years that he was a rabbi.
62年来,他每周都会在犹太教布道会上讲道。
He would takes the fruits of each week’s reading and he would weave these intricate tapestries of ancient and humanist thought.
他会从每周的阅读中汲取养分,并且他会编织这些错综复杂的古代和人文主义的思想的挂毯。
And people would come from all over to hear him speak.
他的听众来自各个领域,都会认真聆听他的传讲。
But here’s the thing about my grandfather.
我祖父有个特点。
Underneath this ceremonial role, he was really modest and really introverted — so much so that when he delivered these sermons,
在他宗教领导角色背后,他是个非常谦逊与内向的人–他甚至紧张到
he had trouble making eye contact with the very same congregation that he had been speaking to for 62 years.
不敢在布道时跟听众眼神交会,即使他都已经在同一个布道会传讲了62年了。
And even away from the podium, when you called him to say hello,
甚至当他走下讲台,人们向着他打招呼时,
he would often end the conversation prematurely for fear that he was taking up too much of your time.
他会草草的结束话题,因为担心会占用别人太多的时间。
But when he died at the age of 94,
当他在94岁那年过世时,
the police had to close down the streets of his neighborhood to accommodate the crowd of people who came out to mourn him.
交警不得不封掉许多邻近街道,来容纳蜂拥而至前来哀悼他的群众。
And so these days I try to learn from my grandfather’s example in my own way.
所以,这些日子以来,我试图用我的方式来效仿我的祖父。
So I just published a book about introversion, and it took me about seven years to write.
我刚完成了一本关于内向性的书,这本书花了我七年的时间。
And for me, that seven years was like total bliss, because I was reading, I was writing, I was thinking, I was researching.
这七年,对我而言是极大的恩典,因为我得以阅读、写作、思考、研究。
It was my version of my grandfather’s hours of the day alone in his library.
相较于祖父的阅读与布道,这是我的版本,我的表达方式。
But now all of a sudden my job is very different, and my job is to be out here talking about it, talking about introversion.
但现在我的工作变得非常棘手,我必须要在公开场合,在讲台上,跟你们谈论何谓内向。
演讲简介:
在社交和外向性格备受推崇的文化中,成为内向的人可能会很难,这甚至是可耻的。但是,当你聆听苏珊·凯恩激情澎湃的演讲时,你会发现内向的人给这个世界带来了惊人的天赋和能力,这是值得鼓励和庆祝的。