TED演讲:货币的未来(7)
Imagine that we had this magic paper.
假设这是张有魔法的纸。
So the way that this paper works is I can give you a sheet of it and if you write something on it,
当我把这张纸给你后,你在纸上写的任何东西
it will magically appear on my piece as well.
都会出现在我的这张纸上,
Let’s say we just give everyone this paper and everyone writes down the transfers that they’re doing in the Bitcoin system.
假设每个人都有这张神奇的纸,当每个人都写下他们在比特币系统里的交易。
All of these transfers get copied around to everyone else’s pieces of paper.
那每个人的纸上都会同时显示这些交易信息。
And I can look at mine and I’ll have a list of all of the transfers that are happening in the entire Bitcoin economy.
而我的纸上也会有在整个比特币系统里发生的所有交易流程。
This is actually what’s happening with the Bitcoin blockchain, which is a list of all of the transactions in Bitcoin.
实际上,在比特币区块链里发生的所有交易,就是以这种方式进行。
Except, it’s not done through paper.
只是交易方式不是在纸上进行的。
It’s done through computer code, running on thousands of networked computers around the world.
而是在整个世界的互联网内成千上万计算机里的程序里运行。
All of these computers are collectively confirming who owns what Bitcoin.
所有这些计算机都共同记录了谁拥有多少比特币。
So the Bitcoin blockchain is core to how Bitcoin works.
所以比特币区块链是比特币能顺利运行的关键。
But where do bitcoins actually come from?
但这些比特币从哪儿来呢?
Well, the code is designed to create new Bitcoin according to a schedule.
比特币来源于计划好的编译程序。
And the way that it works is that to get those Bitcoin, I have to solve a puzzle — a random cryptographic puzzle.
想要获得比特币则必须解开谜题,一种随机密码谜题。
Imagine that we had 15 dice, and we were throwing these dice over and over again.
假如我们有15个骰子,我们不停地投掷这些骰子。
Whenever the dice come up all sixes, we say that we win.
当所有的骰子都是六时,设定为我们赢。
This is very close to what these computers are all actually doing.
这近似于所有计算机的工作模式。
They’re trying over and over again to land on the right number.
计算机不停地进行运算,以得到正确的数字,
And when they do, we say that they’ve solved the puzzle.
当正确的数字被计算出来,我们说我们解开了“谜题”。