TED演讲:科技并没有改变爱 为什么?(4)
Technology is also not going to change who you choose to love.
同样科技也改变不了你的择偶对象。
I study the biology of personality, and I’ve come to believe that we’ve evolved four very broad styles of thinking and behaving,
我研究生物心理学,我开始相信人类已经进化出了四个广义的思考及行为方式,
linked with the dopamine, serotonin, testosterone and estrogen systems.
和多巴胺、血清素、睾丸激素和雌激素系统相关联。
So I created a questionnaire directly from brain science to measure the degree to which you express the traits
于是,基于脑科学原理我设计了一份问卷,用来衡量人们表达特征的程度,
the constellation of traits, linked with each of these four brain systems.
各种特征,与这四种大脑系统的关联性。
I then put that questionnaire on various dating sites in 40 countries.
我在40个国家的各种征婚网站上刊登了这份问卷。
Fourteen million or more people have now taken the questionnaire, and I’ve been able to watch who’s naturally drawn to whom.
目前,已有1400多万人参与了问卷调查,我有幸可以观察那些天生相互吸引的人。
And as it turns out, those who were very expressive of the dopamine system tend to be curious, creative, spontaneous, energetic
结果是,那些多巴胺系统反应活跃的人更有好奇心,富有创意,自然率真且精力充沛,
I would imagine there’s an awful lot of people like that in this room — they’re drawn to people like themselves.
我想现场在座肯定有很多人属于这一类型–他们通常被同类人所吸引。
Curious, creative people need people like themselves.
好奇且有创意的人需要和同类在一起。
People who are very expressive of the serotonin system tend to be traditional, conventional, they follow the rules,
那些血清素系统反应活跃的人往往更加传统,遵循惯例与规则,
they respect authority, they tend to be religious — religiosity is in the serotonin system — and traditional people go for traditional people.
尊重权威,他们通常笃信宗教–宗教信仰正属于血清素系统–传统派自然找传统派的人。
In that way, similarity attracts. In the other two cases, opposites attract.
如此一来,是同类相吸,而其他两种情况则完全相反,对立性才有吸引力。
People very expressive of the testosterone system tend to be analytical, logical, direct, decisive, and they go for their opposite:
睾丸激素系统反应活跃的人,通常善于分析、逻辑思维强、直接、果断、而他们寻找的是和他们对立的人,
they go for somebody who’s high estrogen, somebody who’s got very good verbal skills and people skills,
那些雌激素高的人,他们语言能力很强,善于处理人际关系,
who’s very intuitive and who’s very nurturing and emotionally expressive.
凭直觉行事,善于照顾他人且直抒胸怀。
We have natural patterns of mate choice. Modern technology is not going to change who we choose to love.
人类择偶有自然模式。现代技术不会改变我们选择的对象。