TED演讲:为什么我们需要与陌生人交流(2)

WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 92351 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post' ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC limit 10

For a minute, I felt like my existence as a person had been noticed, and I was worth saving.

有那么一会儿,我觉得我的存在被人注意到了,并且我是值得被拯救的。

The really sad thing is, in many parts of the world,

但让人遗憾的是,在世界的很多地方,

we’re raised to believe that strangers are dangerous by default,

我们受到的教育让我们相信,陌生人都是危险的,

that we can’t trust them, that they might hurt us.

我们不能相信他们,因为他们可能会伤害到我们。

But most strangers aren’t dangerous.

但是大多数陌生人并不危险。

We’re uneasy around them because we have no context.

我们在他们身边会感到不安,是因为不了解他们的背景。

We don’t know what their intentions are.

我们不知道他们的意图何在。

So instead of using our perceptions and making choices, we rely on this category of “stranger.”

所以我们依赖于“陌生人”这个范畴,而不是自己的觉察力和决策力。

I have a four-year-old. When I say hello to people on the street, she asks me why.

我有一个四岁的小孩。当我在路上与别人打招呼时,她问我为什么要这样做。

She says, “Do we know them?” I say, “No, they’re our neighbor.”

她问:“我们认识他们吗?”我说:“不,他们是邻居。”

“Are they our friend?” “No, it’s just good to be friendly.”

她问:“他们是我们的朋友吗?”我回答:“不,但是我们应该为人友善。”

I think twice every time I say that to her,

每当我对她这样说的时候,我都会反复思量,

because I mean it, but as a woman, particularly,

因为我真的是这样认为的,然而作为一名女性,

I know that not every stranger on the street has the best intentions.

我尤其知道并不是每一个陌生人都有好的企图。

It is good to be friendly, and it’s good to learn when not to be,

对别人友善是好的,而学习判断何时不该这样也是对的,

but none of that means we have to be afraid.

但不管哪一种,都不意味着我们要对他们心怀恐惧。

There are two huge benefits to using our senses instead of our fears.

依靠感觉而不是恐惧,可以为我们带来两个巨大的好处。

我们一直来受到的教育是”不要和陌生人说话,陌生人是危险的”,本期TED演讲者Kio Stark女士却对这一观点提出质疑。她的经历和观察告诉了她:如果我们能够推翻对陌生人的成见会带来意想不到的惊喜。让我们终止无数的猜忌,创造一个更美好的世界吧!

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据