TED演讲之感动重临 一人饰演地球村内多个角色(10)

But that’s where we had some problems.

但问题就出在这儿

My son, he says he is not ready to get married.

我的儿子说他还不准备结婚

And he has a sweetheart, but she is American woman, not Chinese.

他有个女朋友,但她不是中国人,是美国人

It’s not that it’s bad, but I told him, “What’s wrong with a Chinese woman?”

我不是说这下就坏事了,但我跟他说“中国姑娘有什么不好呢?”

But I think he will change his mind soon.

我觉得他会改变主意的

So, then I decide instead, I will concentrate on my daughter.

之后我决定把注意力放在我女儿身上

The daughter’s marriage is very special to the mom. But first, she said she’s not interested.

女儿的婚事对妈妈来说很特别。但刚开始,她说她没兴趣

She only wants to spend time with her friends.

她只想跟她的朋友们在一起

And then at college, it’s like she never came home.

之后在读大学的时候,她基本上就不回家了

And she doesn’t want me to come and visit. So I said, “What’s wrong in this picture?”

她也不愿意让我去学校看她。我就想,哪里出了问题

So, I accused my daughter to have like a secret boyfriend.

我责怪女儿有个秘密的男朋友

But she told me, “Mom, you don’t have to worry about boys because I don’t like them.”

但她告诉我说,妈妈你不用担心男孩子的问题,因为我根本不喜欢他们

And I said, “Yes, men can be difficult, but all women have to get used to that.”

我就说,是的,男人是个难题,但所有的女人都要习惯的

She said, “No Mom. I mean, I don’t like boys. I like girls. I am lesbian.”

她就说,不是的妈妈,我是说我不喜欢男孩子,我喜欢女孩子。我是个同性恋

So, I always teach my kids to respect American ideas,

我一直教育我的孩子们要尊重美国人的想法

but I told my daughter that this is one exception —

但我跟女儿说这个问题是一个例外

that she is not gay, she is just confused by this American problem.

她不是同性恋,她只是被这类美国问题给搞糊涂了

But she told me, “Mom, it’s not American.”

但她跟我说,妈妈,不是美国人

She said she is in love — in love with a nice Chinese girl.

她说她爱上了一个中国姑娘

演讲简介

这是一段精采绝伦的演出。莎拉·琼斯一个人分别扮演了一位固执的犹太老太太、一个语速极快的多米尼加裔女大学生以及其他众多精彩角色。她为TED2009展示了她极其丰富的多面性格。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据