TED演讲之寻找真理:我们的大问题(8)
That's probably not all that difficult.
这也许并不是太难做到的事情。
It might just be a simple hormone or something that could do this.
可能只需要一种普通激素或其它什么材料。
It's been done in voles.
人们在田鼠身上做过这种实验。
You can engineer a prairie vole to become monogamous when it's naturally polygamous.
本性上是一雄多雌制的草原田鼠,经过改造后,可变为一雄一雌制。
It's just a single gene.
只是单一基因的转变
Might be more complicated in humans, but perhaps not that much.
对于人类这可能更加复杂,但也许并不那么麻烦。
This is the last picture that I want to — now we've got to use the laser pointer.
这是我想讨论的最后一张图片,现在我们要用镭射指针了。
A possible mode of being here would be a way of life —
一种可能存在的模式,是一种生活的方式
a way of being, experiencing, thinking, seeing, interacting with the world.
一种存在、经历、思考、观察、及与世界互动的方式。
Down here in this little corner, here,
在下面这里的小角落里,
we have the little sub-space of this larger space that is accessible to human beings —
我们可以看到这个子空间存在于这片较大的、属于我们
beings with our biological capacities.
这种具有人类能力的生物可及的空间。
It's a part of the space that's accessible to animals;
这空间属于更大的动物可及空间的一部分——
since we are animals, we are a subset of that.
因为我们也是动物,所以我们属于动物的分支。
And then you can imagine some enhancements of human capacities.
那么我们可以想象对人类的能力进行一些改善。
There would be different modes of being you could experience
你可能可以体验不同的存在模式,
if you were able to stay alive for, say, 200 years.
假设你能活到200岁吧。
Then you could live sorts of lives and accumulate wisdoms that are just not possible for humans as we currently are.
那么你就可以体验不同的生活并积累智慧,而以我们现阶段的人类形态,我们是无法做到的。
演讲简介:
牛津大学哲学家和超人类主义学家尼克·波斯特洛姆对人类前景进行审视,并提出以下疑问:我们是否应该重新定义人道来解决人类最根本的问题?
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。