TED演讲:一位性工作者的诉求(3)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 94291 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
Another worrying thing: if you're selling sex in places like Kenya, South Africa or New York,
另一件令人担忧的事:如果你在肯尼亚,南非或纽约这些地方卖淫,
a police officer can arrest you if you're caught carrying condoms,
如果你被抓到持有避孕套,警察就可以逮捕你,
because condoms can legally be used as evidence that you're selling sex.
因为如果你卖淫,避孕套就是合法的证据。
Obviously, this increases HIV risk.
显然这增加了艾滋病的传播风险。
Imagine knowing if you're busted carrying condoms, it'll be used against you.
想象一下,如果你被逮捕时身上有避孕套,它将会成为不利的证据。
It's a pretty strong incentive to leave them at home, right?
你将会更倾向于把它留在家里,对吧?
Sex workers working in these places are forced to make a tough choice between risking arrest or having risky sex.
这些地区的性工作者被迫在进行危险的性行为和被捕之间做出选择。
What would you choose? Would you pack condoms to go to work?
你会怎样选择呢?你会带上避孕套去工作么?
How about if you're worried the police officer would rape you when he got you in the van?
你会不会担心当警察官员在货车里抓到你时会直接强奸你呢?
The second approach to regulating sex work seen in these countries is partial criminalization,
第二种法律手段被这些国家使用,叫做部分刑事化。
where the buying and selling of sex are legal,
在这些国家卖春买春是合法的,
but surrounding activities, like brothel-keeping or soliciting on the street, are banned.
但是周边的活动,比如妓院和站街拉客是违法的。
Laws like these — we have them in the UK and in France — essentially say to us sex workers,
像这样的法律被英国,法国这些国家所实践,本质上是对我们这些性工作者说,
"Hey, we don't mind you selling sex, just make sure it's done behind closed doors and all alone."
“我不介意你卖淫,但是确保你是偷偷地、一个人做这件事。”
And brothel-keeping, by the way, is defined as just two or more sex workers working together.
妓院,顺便说一句,被定义成为两名甚至更多性工作者一起工作。
Making that illegal means that many of us work alone,
触犯了卖淫必须单独进行的法律条款,
which obviously makes us vulnerable to violent offenders.
但是显然让我们对待暴力罪犯时更加危险。
But we're also vulnerable if we choose to break the law by working together.
但是如果我们选择一起工作,我们还是危险的。
本期的TED演讲者Toni Mac女士曾是一名性工作者,她坦于面对自己的过去,勇敢地站在TED讲台上为全世界的性工作者们发声, 说出她/他们内心的诉求。
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。