TED演讲之面对灾难:如何在核袭击中生存(8)
Here we go. OK.
好的,我们来亲眼看看吧
I'm back in my truck, and we drove over the Brooklyn Bridge.
回到我刚才提到的卡车,我们把它开到布鲁克林大桥
We're coming down, and we bring that truck that you just saw somewhere in here, in the Financial District.
我们一路开往市中心,我们把车开到你刚看到的金融区的某个地方
This is a 10-kiloton bomb, slightly smaller than was used in Hiroshima.
有一个一万吨级当量的核弹,只比广岛爆炸的那枚核弹小一点
And I want to just conclude this by just giving you some information.
我希望通过下面这个总结提供给大家一些信息,
I think — "news you could use" kind of concept here.
我想,可以说是一些“实用新闻”
So, first of all, this would be horrific beyond anything we can possibly imagine.
首先,这可能听上去有些吓人,这可能超越了我们能够想象的范围
This is the ultimate.
这是终极的危险
And if you're in the half-mile radius of where this bomb went off,
如果你位于距离爆炸中心半英里的范围内
you have a 90 percent chance of not making it.
你面临的将是九死一生的情况
If you're right where the bomb went off, you will be vaporized.
如果你就位于爆炸中心,你会被汽化,
And that's — I'm just telling you, this is not good.
而这–我不得不说,非常遗憾
You assume that.
假设
Two-mile radius, you have a 50 percent chance of being killed,
在半径两英里的范围内,你有百分之五十的机会生还
and up to about eight miles away —
如果把范围扩大到八英里-
now I'm talking about killed instantly —
我现在讨论的是立刻死亡的情况-
somewhere between a 10 and 20 percent chance of getting killed.
估计死亡的概率在百分之十到百分之二十之间
The thing about this is that the experience of the nuclear detonation is —
事情是这样的。关于核弹爆炸,
first of all, tens of millions of degrees Fahrenheit at the core here, where it goes off,
首先,爆炸中心温度高达数千度,
and an extraordinary amount of energy in the form of heat, acute radiation and blast effects.
并且以极高的热能,强烈的辐射以及剧烈的爆炸等形式扩散
An enormous hurricane-like wind, and destruction of buildings almost totally, within this yellow circle here.
在这个黄色区域内会产生一股像龙卷风一般的风暴,所有建筑将几乎被全部摧毁
And what I'm going to focus on, as I come to conclusion here, is that, what happens to you if you're in here?
在这个总结中我要重点强调的是,如果你在这儿,将会发生什么
Well, if we're talking about the old days of an all-out nuclear attack,
如果我们说的是以前所面临的那种全面核战争
you, up here, are as dead as the people here. So it was a moot point.
你,如果站在这儿和黄圈里的人一样难逃一劫。所以这是一个值得讨论的地方
My point now, though, is that there is a lot that we could do for you who are in here,
我现在所讲的重点是,如果你身处这个区域内并在最初的爆炸中生还
if you've survived the initial blast.
我有很多可以教你的东西
You have, when the blast goes off — and by the way, if it ever comes up, don't look at it.
当爆炸过后–顺便说一句,如果这些真的发生了,千万别用肉眼去看
If you look at it, you're going to be blind, either temporarily or permanently.
如果你用肉眼去看,你将会失明,不管是暂时性的还是永久性的
So if there's any way that you can avoid, like, avert your eyes, that would be a good thing.
因此,如果可能避免的话,比如,把目光移开,那将是一个很好的选择
If you find yourself alive, but you're in the vicinity of a nuclear weapon,
如果你发现自己还活着,但是你处在一个核武器爆炸中心的附近
you have — that's gone off —
你有–在爆炸发生之后–
you have 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the size and exactly where it went off,
你有10到20分钟的逃生时间,具体时间取决于爆炸规模以及爆炸地点
to get out of the way before a lethal amount of radiation comes straight down from the mushroom cloud that goes up.
在升起的蘑菇云所带来的致命的强辐射到来之前逃离那个区域
In that 10 to 15 minutes, all you have to do — and I mean this seriously —
在这10到15分钟内,你唯一需要做的–我说真的–
is go about a mile away from the blast.
就是跑一英里远离爆炸点
演讲简介:
核恐怖已经随着冷战的结束而减弱,但是灾难医学专家伊文·雷德莱纳提醒我们这个威胁依然存在。他回顾了历史上一些荒谬的关于应对核袭击的对策,并给出了一些切实可行的在核袭击中生存的建议。
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
微信:0012133598196