TED演讲之心灵的世界:精神病测试的另类答案(4)

Hare said the reason why is because capitalism at its most ruthless rewards psychopathic behavior

Hare解释说原因来自资本主义的冷酷无情造就了精神疾病的行为

the lack of empathy, the glibness, cunning, manipulative.

缺乏同理心,口若悬河,狡猾,控制欲强

In fact, capitalism, perhaps at its most remorseless, is a physical manifestation of psychopathy.

事实上,或许冷酷无情的资本主义,正是精神疾病的物质表现

It's like a form of psychopathy that's come down to affect us all.

这也是精神疾病的一种形式,归根到底会影响着我们

And Hare said to me, "You know what? Forget about some guy at Broadmoor who may or may not have faked madness.

Hare还跟我说,“你知道吗?别再想布罗德莫精神病院里哪个可能装疯,哪个是真疯

Who cares? That's not a big story.

谁在乎呢?那并不重要,

The big story," he said, "is corporate psychopathy.

重要的是,”他接着说,“是企业型变态人格

You want to go and interview yourself some corporate psychopaths."

你可以亲自去采访一些'企业里的精神病患者'。”

So I gave it a try. I wrote to the Enron people.

所以我就试了下。我给安然公司(Enron)写了信

I said, "Could I come and interview you in prison to find out it you're psychopaths?"

我说,“我能来你们这并在狱中采访下你们,看看你们是不是精神病患者吗?”

And they didn't reply.

之后就杳无音讯了

So I changed tack.

所以我换了另一种方式

I emailed "Chainsaw Al" Dunlap, the asset stripper from the 1990s.

我电邮了“杀手艾尔”Dunlap,90年代开始的资产掠夺者

He would come into failing businesses and close down 30 percent of the workforce,

他能让企业倒闭并失去30%的劳动力

just turn American towns into ghost towns.

他能将美国的城镇变成荒凉之地

And I emailed him and I said,

所以我给他发了电邮说道

"I believe you may have a very special brain anomaly that makes you special

“我相信您有一颗独特异常的大脑使您变得如此出众

and interested in the predatory spirit and fearless.

您崇尚掠夺精神并且无所畏惧

Can I come and interview you about your special brain anomaly?"

那我能采访下您关于你那颗特别独特的大脑吗?”

And he said, "Come on over."

然后他说,“过来吧。”

So I went to Al Dunlap's grand Florida mansion that was filled with sculptures of predatory animals.

所以我去了他佛罗里达的大豪宅,到处都是食肉动物的雕塑

There were lions and tigers.

还有狮子和老虎

He was taking me through the garden.

他带着我穿过花园

There were falcons and eagles.

那儿有猎鹰和老鹰

He was saying to me, "Over there you've got sharks."

他跟我说,“在那儿你能看到鲨鱼。”

He was saying this in a less effeminate way.

他说这话的语气还挺霸气的

"You've got more sharks and you've got tigers."

“你还会看到更多的鲨鱼和老虎”

It was like Narnia.

那里就像纳尼亚王国

And then we went into his kitchen.

之后我们来到他的厨房

Now Al Dunlap would be brought in to save failing companies.

现在Al Dunlap会被聘请去拯救那些濒临破产的公司

He'd close down 30 percent of the workforce.

他会将劳动力减少30%

And he'd quite often fire people with a joke.

他经常会用开玩笑的口吻炒别人鱿鱼

For instance, one famous story about him, somebody came up to him and said, "I've just bought myself a new car."

举个例子,一个关于他的经典传闻,有人找到他,跟他说,“我刚给自己买了新车。”

And he said, "You may have a new car, but I'll tell you what you don't have, a job."

他说,“你或许有了一辆新车,但我告诉你,你没有的,是一份工作。”

演讲简介

正常和发疯之间是否有明确的界限呢?在这个毛骨悚然的演讲里,Jon Ronson,《精神病测试》的作者,为我们揭开了正常和发疯之间的灰色地带。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据