TED演讲之游戏的力量:游戏奖励大脑的7种方式(3)
Now, I could make a game called Piecraft,
现在,我可以做一个游戏名为《馅饼争霸》
where all you had to do was get a million pies or a thousand pies.
在里面你要做的所有事就是得到一百万个馅饼或者一千个馅饼
That would be very boring.
那会变得很无趣
Fifteen is a pretty optimal number.
15是个最佳的数字
You find that — you know, between five and 20 is about the right number for keeping people going.
你得到–你知道,在5和20之间这是维持人们进行的恰当的数字
But we don't just have pies in the boxes.
但我们在箱子里找到的不只是馅饼。
There's 100 percent up here.
这点我敢百分百肯定。
And what we do is make sure that every time a box is opened,
我们要做的就是保证每次一个箱子被打开
there's something in it, some little reward that keeps people progressing and engaged.
都有一些东西在里面,一些小奖励它能促使人们前进并参与活动
In most adventure games,
在大多数冒险游戏中
it's a little bit in-game currency, a little bit experience.
会是一些游戏币,一些经验值
But we don't just do that either.
但我们也并不只做这些
We also say there's going to be loads of other items
我们还说将会加载其他物品
of varying qualities and levels of excitement.
它们具备各种属性和等级
There's going to be a 10 percent chance you get a pretty good item.
你得到一个非常好的东西的几率是百分之十
There's going to be a 0.1 percent chance you get an absolutely awesome item.
将会有千分之一的几率你能得到一个绝对超棒的物品
And each of these rewards is carefully calibrated to the item.
每一个奖励都被仔细和物品校准
And also, we say,
并且,我们假设
"Well, how many monsters? Should I have the entire world full of a billion monsters?"
“好的,需要多少怪物?我要用十亿个怪物把整个世界装满吗?”
No, we want one or two monsters on the screen at any one time.
不,我们每次在屏幕场景中放一或两个怪物
So I'm drawn on. It's not too easy, not too difficult.
所以我描述了,这既不很简单,也不很难
So all this is very powerful.
所以这一切都非常有力
But we're in virtuality. These aren't real boxes.
但我们在虚拟世界里,那些不是真的箱子
So we can do some rather amazing things.
所以我们可以做一些更加令人惊奇的事
We notice, looking at all these people opening boxes,
我们发现,看着所有这些人打开箱子
that when people get to about 13 out of 15 pies,
当人们得到大约13到15个馅饼的时候
their perception shifts, they start to get a bit bored, a bit testy.
他们的感觉变化了,他们开始觉得有点无趣,有点急躁
They're not rational about probability.
他们对待概率并不理性
They think this game is unfair.
他们觉得这个游戏不公平
It's not giving me my last two pies. I'm going to give up.
它仍没有给我最后两个馅饼,我要放弃了
If they're real boxes, there's not much we can do,
如果这些箱子都是真的的,我们就无能为力
but in a game we can just say, "Right, well.
但是在游戏中我们可以就这样说,“是的,好吧”
When you get to 13 pies, you've got 75 percent chance of getting a pie now."
当你得到13个馅饼的时候,你得到馅饼的机率会成为75%
Keep you engaged. Look at what people do —
让你继续前进,观察人们如何玩游戏— —
adjust the world to match their expectation.
调整世界以符合他们的期望
Our games don't always do this.
我们的游戏并不一直做这些事情
And one thing they certainly do at the moment is if you got a 0.1 percent awesome item,
但眼下有一件事情是他们必定做的就是,如果你得到了千分之一几率的超棒物品
they make very sure another one doesn't appear for a certain length of time
它们绝对保证在一段时间里不会出现另一个
to keep the value, to keep it special.
以保持它的价值,保证它的独特性
And the point is really that we evolved to be satisfied by the world in particular ways.
关键在于我们进化去适应世界的需要以一种特殊的方式
Over tens and hundreds of thousands of years,
历经了几千几万年
we evolved to find certain things stimulating,
我们进化去找一些刺激的事
and as very intelligent, civilized beings,
作为高等智能,社会化的人
we're enormously stimulated by problem solving and learning.
我们受到解决问题和学习过程极大地激发
But now, we can reverse engineer that and build worlds
但现在,我们可以逆反这一过程并建造世界
that expressly tick our evolutionary boxes.
明确地对我们的进化发展进行评估
So what does all this mean in practice?
所有这些对现实有什么意义?
Well, I've come up with seven things that, I think, show
好的,我将提出7件事,我觉得能体现
how you can take these lessons from games and use them outside of games.
从游戏中你怎样学到这些经验然后把它们运用到游戏之外
演讲简介:
我们正将游戏性融入生活的诸多方面,花费无数个小时–和金钱–去探索虚拟世界中想象的宝藏。这些是因为什么?正如汤姆查特菲尔德所演示的,游戏正在完美地变为调动大脑参与活动,促使我们保持不断探索的动力。
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
微信:0012133598196