TED演讲:慈悲心与感同身受的真正涵义(4)
But compassion has another component,
但慈悲心有另一个组成部分,
and that component is really essential.
这个部分非常重要。
That component is that we cannot be attached to outcome.
这就是我们不应该耽于结果。
Now I worked with dying people for over 40 years.
如今,我已为临死的人们工作了40余年。
I had the privilege of working on death row for six years.
我曾有幸在最大限度安全保证下为死刑犯工作了六个年头。
And I realized so clearly in bringing my own life experience,
我清楚的认识到在我的个人生活经历中,
from working with dying people and training caregivers,
为临死之人工作以及培训护理者的个人生活中,
that any attachment to outcome would distort deeply my own capacity to be fully present to the whole catastrophe.
任何耽于结果的感情只会深深影响我自己的面对大苦难的能力。
And when I worked in the prison system,
在我为监狱系统工作时,
it was so clear to me, this:
我很清楚:
that many of us in this room,
这个屋子里很多人,
and almost all of the men that I worked with on death row,
还有几乎所有与我一起为死刑犯共事过的人,
the seeds of their own compassion had never been watered.
他们的慈悲之火种从未被扑灭。
That compassion is actually an inherent human quality.
这种慈悲是人类内在的特质。
It is there within every human being.
存在于每个人之中。
But the conditions for compassion to be activated,
但慈悲被触发,
to be aroused,
被鼓励的条件,
are particular conditions.
都是特殊情况。
I had that condition, to a certain extent,
某种程度上,我是,
from my own childhood illness.
深深受幼时疾患的影响。
Eve Ensler, whom you'll hear later,
伊娃?恩斯勒,一会儿她会演讲,
has had that condition activated amazingly in her through the various waters of suffering that she has been through.
她是受她经历过的汪洋般的苦难所激发的。
And what is fascinating is that compassion has enemies,
神奇的是慈悲是有敌人的,
and those enemies are things like pity,
那些敌人是怜悯,
moral outrage,fear.
道德公愤,恐惧。
佛教徒琼·哈利法克斯从事的工作是为临终前的人们送行(无论是在安养院还是面对死刑犯)。她与我们分享在面对死亡时她对慈悲心的认识和她对感同身受的深刻体会。
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
微信:0012133598196