TED演讲之性别无限:电影中的男子气概(4)

You know,

你知道,

as a parent with the privilege

作为一名有着抚养女儿

of raising a daughter

义务的父亲,

like all of you who are doing the same thing,

我跟你们所有为人父母的人一样,

we find this world and this statistic very alarming

对这个统计数字和这个世界存在危机感,

and we want to prepare them.

我们要做好防范。

We have tools at our disposal like "girl power,"

我们创造了一些类似“少女超人”的角色,

and we hope that that will help,

希望能够有所帮助,

but I gotta wonder, is girl power going to protect them

但是我担心,“女性力量”能否保护她们,

if, at the same time, actively or passively,

同时, 有意无意地,

we are training our sons to maintain their boy power?

我们培养我们的儿子们要有英勇气概?

I mean, I think the Netflix queue

我的意思是,我觉得 Netflix Queue(一种看电影的服务)

is one way that we can do something very important,

可以成为非常重要的一种方式,

and I'm talking mainly to the dads here.

我主要是针对父亲说的。

I think we have got to show our sons

我认为我们应该为我们的男孩子们

a new definition of manhood.

展示一种新的男子气概。

The definition of manhood is already turning upside down.

现在的男子气概的定义已经本末倒置了。

You've read about how the new economy

你已经知道新的经济环境

is changing the roles of caregiver and wage earner.

正在改变女性在家男性养家胡口的角色。

They're throwing it up in the air.

他们正逐渐被替代。

So our sons are going to have to find some way

我们的儿子需要能够适应这些改变,

of adapting to this, some new relationship with each other,

适应相互之间的新关系,

and I think we really have to show them, and model for them,

我认为我们需要身先士卒,展示如何成为

how a real man

一个真正的男人,

is someone who trusts his sisters

他会信任他的姐妹

and respects them, and wants to be on their team,

尊重她们,希望与她们为伍,

and stands up against the real bad guys,

对抗真正的坏蛋,

who are the men who want to abuse the women.

那些虐待妇女的大坏蛋。

And I think our job in the Netflix queue

而且我认为我们需要在 Netflix Queue 中

is to look out for those movies that pass the Bechdel Test,

寻找符合贝尔德尔测试的电影,

if we can find them, and to seek out the heroines

找到之后,再找出电影中的

who are there,

女英雄们,

who show real courage, who bring people together,

她们英勇无比,把大家团结起来,

and to nudge our sons to identify with those heroines

并且鼓励我们的儿子认识到这些女主人公的英勇

and to say, "I want to be on their team,"

并且说:“我想加入她的队伍。”

because they're going to be on their team.

因为他们将来需要与她们合作。

When I asked my daughter who her favorite character was in "Star Wars,"

当我问我的女儿最喜欢《星球大战》中的哪个角色,

do you know what she said?

你猜她说谁?

Obi-Wan.

欧比-旺(Obi-Wan)

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Glinda.

欧比-旺·克诺比和葛琳达

What do these two have in common?

他们有什么共同点?

Maybe it's not just the sparkly dress.

或许跟漂亮的衣服没有关系。

I think these people are experts.

我认为他们都是专家。

I think these are the two people in the movie

两个人在各自的电影中

who know more than anybody else,

都拥有比别人更多的知识,

and they love sharing their knowledge with other people

并且乐意与他人分享他们的知识

to help them reach their potential.

帮助他人挖掘潜能。

Now, they are leaders.

现在,他们是领袖。

I like that kind of quest for my daughter,

我希望自己的女儿有这样的追求,

and I like that kind of quest for my son.

也希望自己的儿子有这样的追求。

I want more quests like that.

我希望这样的追求越多越好。

I want fewer quests where my son is told,

我希望我的儿子不要被教育成

"Go out and fight it alone,"

“冲出去一个人战斗”

and more quests where he sees that it's his job to join a team,

而是主动的融入一个团队,

maybe a team led by women,

或许由一个女性来指挥,

to help other people become better

帮助其他人成就自己,

and be better people,

变得更好,

like the Wizard of Oz.

就像奥兹仙女一样。

Thank you.

谢谢。

演讲简介

当科林·斯托克斯三岁大的儿子看到《星球大战》,就立刻沉迷其中了。但是他从中学到了什么?科林·斯托克斯希望电影向男孩子们传递更多的好的信息:注重合作,尊重女性,战胜邪恶。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据