TED演讲之生与死:如何健康长寿(2)

And the first myth is if you try really hard

谣言一:如果你很努力地尝试,

you can live to be 100.

你就可以活到一百岁。

False.

错了。

The problem is, only about one out of 5,000 people

事实上,在美国,每五千人中只有一人

in America live to be 100.

能活到一百岁

Your chances are very low.

你的机会太小了。

Even though it's the fastest growing demographic in America,

尽管现在美国正处与人口增长最快的时期?

it's hard to reach 100.

活到一百岁仍然还是很困难的

The problem is

问题在于,

that we're not programmed for longevity.

我们人类没被设为长寿,

We are programmed for something called

只是被预设为需要达到

procreative success.

繁衍的成功的状态

I love that word.

这个词棒极了

It reminds me of my college days.

让我回想起我上大学的时候?

Biologists term procreative success to mean

生物学对生殖成功的定义是?

the age where you have children

你有孩子的年龄

and then another generation, the age when your children have children.

以及下一代,你孩子有他们自己孩子的年龄

After that the effect of evolution

达到这个年龄后,生物遗传的意义

completely dissipates.

就完全淡化了?

If you're a mammal, if you're a rat

不论你是哺乳动物,老鼠

or an elephant, or a human, in between, it's the same story.

大象,人,或是其它,道理都一样

So to make it to age 100, you not only have to have

所以要活到一百岁,你不仅要

had a very good lifestyle, you also have to have won

有一个很好的生活方式,你还必须

the genetic lottery.

拥有长寿基因的好运

The second myth is,

第二个谣言是,

there are treatments that can help slow,

拥有能够帮助我们减缓

reverse, or even stop aging.

倒转甚至阻止衰老的方法

False.

When you think of it, there is 99 things that can age us.

说到这,有99种可能会使我们老去。

Deprive your brain of oxygen for just a few minutes,

让大脑缺氧,仅几分钟

those brain cells die, they never come back.

就会使得脑细胞死亡并永不能复活

Play tennis too hard, on your knees, ruin your cartilage,

过度打网球会损害膝盖的软骨

the cartilage never comes back.

你的软骨永远不再复原。

Our arteries can clog. Our brains can gunk up with plaque,

我们的动脉会堵塞。大脑会因血小板凝结

and we can get Alzheimer's.

而得老年痴呆症

There is just too many things to go wrong.

我们体内有35万亿个细胞

Our bodies have 35 trillion cells,

出问题的可能性太多

trillion with a "T." We're talking national debt numbers here.

我们这里说的是国债数量。

Those cells turn themselves over once every eight years.

这些细胞每八年翻转一次

And every time they turn themselves over

每次翻转都有一些损伤

there is some damage. And that damage builds up.

这些损伤

And it builds up exponentially.

以指数性规律成长。

It's a little bit like the days when we all had

有点像是那段时间里

Beatles albums or Eagles albums

我们都有披头士和老鹰乐队的相册一样

and we'd make a copy of that on a cassette tape,

我们会复制盒式磁带

and let our friends copy that cassette tape,

并让朋友们也复制

and pretty soon, with successive generations

很快,代代相传

that tape sounds like garbage.

磁带现在听起来过时了

Well, the same things happen to our cells.

同样细胞也是如此。

That's why a 65-year-old person

这就是为什么一个65岁的老人

is aging at a rate of about

的老化速度

125 times faster

是一个12岁孩子

than a 12-year-old person.

的125倍

So, if there is nothing you can do

所以如果没有什么能够

to slow your aging or stop your aging,

减缓或停止老龄化

演讲简介

为了寻找健康长寿的秘诀,丹比诺与他的研究团队研究了世界上被称为“蓝区”的地方。在这些特殊地方,老年人能活到创纪录的年龄并且仍然保持活力四射。丹比诺在ted分享了九种使得这些老年人年过一百的普通的饮食和生活习惯。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据