TED演讲超低成本的大学学位(3)

These are the reasons I founded University of the People,a nonprofit, tuition-free,degree-granting university to give an alternative,to create an alternative to those who have no other,an alternative that will be affordable and scalable,

由于这些的原因,我创办了人民大学,一所非盈利性的、免学费的、授予学位的大学它提供了另一种选择,为那些没有其它选择的人创造了一种选择,一种价格合理的选择,一种可扩展的选择,

an alternative that will disrupt the current education system,open the gates to higher education for every qualified student regardless of what they earn, where they live,or what society says about them.

一种打破现行的教育体系的选择,为每一位合格的学生打开高等教育的大门,不论他们的收入,不论他们身处何处,不论社会如何议论他们

Patrick, Debbie and Wael are only three examples out of the 1,700 accepted students from 143 countries.

帕特里克、黛比和瓦伊尔只是来自143个国家的1700位被录取的学生中的三个例子

Thank you.

谢谢。

We didn't need to reinvent the wheel.

我们不需要重新发明轮子。

We just looked at what wasn't working and used the amazing power of the Internet to get around it.

我们只是看到那些有问题的地方,并使用互联网的神奇力量来绕开问题。

We set out to build a model that will cut down almost entirely the cost of higher education,and that's how we did it.

我们着手建立一种模式,它将削减掉高等教育的绝大部分成本,我们是这样做到的。

First, bricks and mortar cost money.

首先,大楼需要花钱。

Universities have expenses that virtual universities don't.

大学有很多的开销是虚拟大学所没有的。

We don't need to pass these expenses onto our students.

我们不需要将这些开销转移到我们的学生头上。

They don't exist.

这些开销不存在。

We also don't need to worry about capacity.

我们也不需要担心可容纳的人数。

There are no limits of seats in virtual university.

在虚拟大学里没有座位数的限制。

Actually, nobody needs to stand at the back of the lecture hall.

事实上,没人需要站在讲堂的后面。

Textbooks is also something our students don't need to buy.

我们的学生也不需要购买课本。

By using open educational resources and the generosity of professors who are putting their material free and accessible,we don't need to send our students to buy textbooks.

使用开放的教学资源以及教授们的慷慨馈赠,很多教授把他们的教学材料免费公开,我们不需要让我们的学生去购买课本。

All of our materials come free.

我们所有的材料都是免费的。

在网上人民大学(University of the People),任何一个有高中文凭的人都可以来选修课程并获得商业管理或者计算机科学等学科的学位—没有传统意义上的学费(虽然参加考试需要付费)。创始人沙伊·瑞希夫希望高等教育从少数的人的特权变为一种基本权利,让所有人的都能承担和获取。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据