TED演讲:谈魅力(2)

Well of course, in the 20th century,glamour came to have this different meaning associated with Hollywood.

当然,在20世纪,魅力开始和好莱坞联系在一起从而拥有了各种不同的含义。

And this is Hedy Lamarr.

这是Hedy Lamarr。

Hedy Lamarr said, Anyone can look glamorous, all you have to do is sit there and look stupid.

Hedy Lamarr说,只要你坐在那里装出一副傻样,任何人都可以看起来充满魅力。

But in fact, with all due respect to Hedy about whom we'll hear more later there's a lot more to it.

但是事实上,并无意冒犯Hedy Lamarr,我们接下来还会讲到她–其实还有更多的含义。

There was a tremendous amount of technical achievement associated with creating this Hollywood glamour.

创造这种好莱坞式魅力,暗中联系着数量庞大的科技成就。

There were scores of retouchers and lighting experts and make-up experts.

有大量的修图师,灯光专家和化妆专家。

You can go to the museum of Hollywood history in Hollywood and see Max Factor's special rooms that he painted different colors depending on the complexion of the star he was going to make up.

你可以去好莱坞的博物馆去领会好莱坞的历史然后看看属于Max Factor的特定工作室,这是在这里。根据他要组织的星星的组合他绘出了不同的颜色。

So you've got this highly stylized portrait of something that was not entirely of this earth-it was a portrait of a star.

所以你可以看到高度风格化的肖像方法它并不是完全属于这个星球–它是一颗星星的肖像。

And actually, we see glamorized photos of stars all the time they call them false color.

而且事实上,我们经常看到美化过的各种星星的图片也被称作假色。

Glamour is a form of falsification, but falsification to achieve a particular purpose.

魅力是一种伪造的形式,但是通过其要达到某种目的。

It may be to illuminate the star; it may be to sell a film.

或许是去装饰一个星星,或许是营销一部影片。

And it involves a great deal of technique.

这都牵涉到很多的科技因素。。

It's not glamour is not something you don't wake up in the morning glamorous. I don't care who you are.

它并不是–魅力并不是一种,你并不会早上一起来就魅力照人,这和你是谁无关。

Even Nicole Kidman doesn't wake up in the morning glamorous.

即使Nicole Kidman也不会一早起来就魅力十足。

There is a process of idealization, glorification and dramatization,and it's not just the case for people.

这需要一个理想化,赞颂化,戏剧化的过程,这并不是只适用于人。

Glamour doesn't have to be people.

魅力并不一定要和人相关。

Architectural photography Julius Schulman, who has talked about transfiguration,took this fabulous, famous picture of the Kauffman House.

建筑摄影,关于转换,Julius Schulman拍摄了这张著名的,梦幻般的Kauffman House的照片。

Architectural photography is extremely glamorous.

建筑摄影是十分具有魅力的。

It puts you into this special, special world.

它是你置身于这种非常特别的世界中。

This is Alex Ross's comic book art, which appears to be extremely realistic,as part of his style is he gives you a kind of realism in his comic art.

这个是Alex Ross的动漫艺术,看起来非常真实,实际上营造这种真实感这也是他的艺术风格的一部分。

Except that light doesn't work this way in the real world.

只是在现实世界中,灯光效果却不是如此。

When you stack people in rows, the ones in the background look smaller than the ones in the foreground but not in the world of glamour.

人群按排列座的时候,后排的人要比前排的人看上去小一些。但是在魅力的概念中不是这样。

What glamour is all about — I took this from a blurb in the table of contents of New York magazine,

还有什么和魅力相关的呢–这是我在纽约杂志的目录中的一个宣传广告中发现的,

which was telling us that glamour is back glamour is all about transcending the everyday.

这意味着魅力的回归魅力的宗旨就是不断进取。

And I think that that's starting to get at what the core that combines all sorts of glamour is.

而且我认为这已经开始和魅力的核心接近了,不管是什么形式的。

This is Filippino Lippi's 1543 portrait of Saint Apollonia.

这是Filippino Lippi在1543年所作的圣女Apollonia的肖像。

And I don't know who she is either,century equivalent of a supermodel.

我也不知道她是谁,但是在15世纪,这相当于我们今日的超级名模。

It's a very glamorous portrait.

这是一幅非常迷人的肖像画。

Why is it glamorous?

为什么它迷人呢?

It's glamorous, first, because she is beautiful but that does not make you glamorous,that only makes you beautiful.

它之所以迷人的第一个原因是美丽,但这还不够,美丽和魅力是两码事。

She is graceful, she is mysterious and she is transcendent,and those are the central qualities of glamour.

她高雅,神秘的形象中透露着卓尔不凡,这些是魅力的核心元素。

You don't see her eyes; they're looking downward.

你看不见她的双眼,她在向下看。

She's not looking away from you exactly, but you have to mentally imagine her world.

她也没有把目光从你的身上移开,但是你却禁不住的思考她的世界。

She's encouraging you to contemplate this higher world to which she belongs, where she can be completely tranquil while holding the iron instruments of her death by torture.

她在鼓励你去探索她存在于的这个更高一层的世界,远离喧嚣,手握着把她折磨致死的铁器。

视频简介:

在这场即时演讲中,文化评论人Virginia Postrel探讨了魅力的真正含义和不同凡响的应用。她将其定义为任何被用来影响和劝服的经过考量和细致思忖过的影像。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据