朗读英语美文(152)我用什么才能留住你

What can I hold you with?

我用什么才能留住你?

I offer you lean streets, desperate sunsets, the moon of the jagged suburbs.

我给你贫穷的街道、绝望的日落、破败郊区的月亮。

I offer you the bitterness of a man who has looked long and long at the lonely moon.

我给你一个久久地望着孤月的人的悲哀。

I offer you my ancestors, my dead men, the ghosts that living men have honoured in bronze:

我给你我已死去的先辈,人们用青铜纪念他们的亡魂:

my father’s father killed in the frontier of Buenos Aires, two bullets through his lungs, bearded and dead, wrapped by his soldiers in the hide of a cow;

在布宜诺斯艾利斯边境阵亡的我祖父,两颗子弹射穿了他的胸膛,蓄着胡子的他死去了,士兵们用牛皮裹起他的尸体;

my mother’s grandfather–just twenty four– heading a charge of three hundred men in Peru, now ghosts on vanished horses.

我母亲的祖父——时年二十四岁——在秘鲁率领三百名士兵冲锋,如今都成了消失的马背上的幽灵。

I offer you whatever insight my books may hold, whatever manliness or humour my life.

我给你我写的书中所包含的一切悟力,我生活中所能有的男子气概或幽默。

I offer you the loyalty of a man who has never been loyal.

我给你一个从未有过信仰的人的忠诚。

I offer you that kernel of myself that I have saved, somehow,

我给你我设法保全的我自己的核心,

the central heart that deals not in words, traffics not with dreams, and is untouched by time, by joy, by adversities.

不营字造句,不贩卖梦想,未曾被时间、欢乐和困厄影响过的不偏不倚的心。

I offer you the memory of a yellow rose seen at sunset, years before you were born.

我向你献上远在你出生前多年的一个傍晚看到的一朵黄玫瑰的记忆。

I offer you explanations of yourself, theories about yourself, authentic and surprising news of yourself.

我向你献出我对于你的诠释,与你有关的一切理论,以及关于你的真实而奇异的消息。

I can give you my loneliness, my darkness, the hunger of my heart;

我给你我的寂寞、我的黑暗、我心的饥渴;

I am trying to bribe you with uncertainty, with danger, with defeat.

我试图用困惑、危险、失败来打动你。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据