美文阅读 (431)上了年纪

On Aging — Maya Angelou

上了年纪–玛雅·安吉洛

When you see me sitting quietly like a sack left on the shelf

当你看到我就那么静静地坐着,如同一个空空的麻袋颓然垂放在架子上

Don’t think I need your chattering

可别觉得我需要你的唠叨

I’m listening to myself

我只是在思考

Hold! Stop! Don’t pity me!

你可省省吧,我不需要你的怜悯!

Hold! Stop your sympathy!

别,别可怜我,我不需要!

Understanding if you got it

能理解就理解一下

Otherwise, I’ll do without it!

理解不了我也不在乎!

When my bones are stiff and aching, and my feet won’t climb the stair

当我浑身又僵又疼腿脚不便的时候

I will only ask one favor

我只求你一件事

Don’t bring me no rocking chair

别给我带什么摇椅

When you see me walking, stumbling

当你看见我步履蹒跚

Don’t study and get it wrong

别多想别误会

‘Cause tired don’t mean lazy and every goodbye ain’t gone

我只是有点累,不是懒,而且我每次说再见也就是那么一说

I’m the same person I was back then

我还是年轻时的那个我

A little less hair, a little less chin

只是头发少了点,皱纹多了点

A lot less lungs and much less wind

肺活量少了不少,喘得厉害了点

But ain’t I lucky, I can still breathe in

但是还能喘气不就已经很幸运了吗?

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据