四个四重奏:第35期 小吉丁(5)

So I assumed a double part, and cried

因此我反复了一个双重角色,一面喊叫

And heard another's voice cry: 'What! are you here?'

一面又听另一个人喊叫:“啊!你在这里?”

Although we were not. I was still the same,

尽管我们都不是。我还是我,

Knowing myself yet being someone other —

但我知道我自己已经成了另一个人——

And he a face still forming;

而他只是一张还在形成的脸;

yet the words sufficed to compel the recognition they preceded.

但语言已足够强迫他们承认曾经相识。

And so, compliant to the common wind,

因此,按照一般的风尚,

Too strange to each other for misunderstanding,

双方既然素昧平生也就不可能产生误会,

In concord at this intersection time of meeting nowhere, no before and after,

我们在这千载难逢,没有以前也没有以后的

We trod the pavement in a dead patrol.

交叉时刻和谐地漫步在行人道上作一次死亡的巡逻。

I said: 'The wonder that I feel is easy,

我说:“我感到惊异是那么轻松安适,

Yet ease is cause of wonder. Therefore speak:

然而轻松正是惊异的原因。所以说,

I may not comprehend, may not remember.'

我也许并不理解,也许不复记忆。”

And he: 'I am not eager to rehearse my thought and theory which you have forgotten.

他却说:“我的思想和原则已被你遗忘,我不想再一次详细申诉。

These things have served their purpose: let them be.

这些东西已经满足了它们的需要:由它们去吧。

So with your own, and pray they be forgiven by others, as I pray you to forgive both bad and good.

你自己的也是这样,祈求别人宽恕它们吧,就像我祈求你宽恕善与恶一样。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据