天真与经验之歌:第40篇 一棵毒树

The Poison Tree

一棵毒树

I was angry with my friend:

我对我的朋友生气,

I told my wrath, my wrath did end.

我说出来,愤怒就平息。

I was angry with my foe:

我对我的仇人气恼!

I told it not, my wrath did grow.

我并没说,愤怒却不断增长了。

And I watered it in fears

我怀着恐惧给它浇水,

Night and morning with my tears,

早早晚晚洒下我的眼泪:

And I sunned it with smiles

我用微笑当太阳使它温暖,

And with soft deceitful wiles.

捎带上我温柔而虚假的欺骗。

And it grew both day and night,

于是它白天黑夜长得不错,

Till it bore an apple bright,

直到它结成了一只漂亮的苹果

And my foe beheld it shine,

我的仇人看见它鲜艳光泽,

And he knew that it was mine,—

他也知道那属于我。

And into my garden stole

便悄悄进了我的花园里,

When the night had veiled the pole;

当夜幕将天空遮蔽;

In the morning, glad, I see

第二天清早我高兴地看到,

My foe outstretched beneath the tree.

我的仇人直挺挺地躺在树下了。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据