美文阅读 (96)什么才重要

Ready or not, some day it will all come to an end.

无论是否准备好,总有一天它都会走到尽头。

There will be no more sunrises, no days, no hours or minutes.

那里没有日出,没有白天,没有小时和分钟。

All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else.

你收集的所有东西,不管你珍惜或忘记与否,它们都将流入他人手中。

Your wealth, fame and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance.

你的财产、名誉和权势也都会变成和你毫不相干的东西。

It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed.

你拥有的或是别人欠你的都不重要。

Your grudges, resentments, frustrations, and jealousies will finally disappear.

你的怨恨、愤慨、挫折和妒忌最终也将消失。

So, too, your hopes, ambitions, plans, and to-do lists will all expire.

你的希望、抱负、计划以及行动日程表也将全部结束。

The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away.

当初看得很重的得失也会消失。

It won’t matter where you came from, or on what side of the tracks you lived.

你来自何方,住在穷人区还是富人区也都不重要了。

It won’t matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant.

你昔日的漂亮与辉煌也都不重要了。

Your gender, skin color, ethnicity will be irrelevant.

你的性别、肤色、种族地位也将不再相关。

So what will matter? How will the value of your days be measured?

那么什么重要呢?怎么衡量你有生之年的价值呢?

What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave.

重要的不是你买了什么,而是你创造了什么;不是你得到了什么,而是你给予了什么。

What will matter is not your success, but your significance.

重要的不是你成功了,而是你生命的意义。

What will matter is not what you learned, but what you taught.

重要的不是你学到了什么,而是你传授了什么。

What will matter is not your competence, but your character.

重要的不是你的能力,而是你的性格。

What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when you’re gone.

重要的不是你认识多少人,而是在你离开后,别人会认为是个永远的损失。

What will matter is not your memories, but the memories of those who loved you.

重要的不是你想念谁,而是爱你的人想念你。

Living a life that matters doesn’t happen by accident.

过一种有意义的生活不是一件偶然的事情。

It’s not a matter of circumstances but of choice.

那不是环境的问题,而是选择的问题。

Choose to live a life that matters.

选择有意义的人生吧!

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据