泰戈尔诗歌精选 (57)吉檀迦利52
52.I thought I should ask of thee—but I dared not—the rose wreath thou hadst on thy neck.
52.我想我应当向你请求--可是我又不敢--你那挂在颈上的玫瑰花环。
Thus I waited for the morning, when thou didst depart, to find a few fragments on the bed.
这样我等到早上,想在你离开的时候,从你床上找到些碎片。
And like a beggar I searched in the dawn only for a stray petal or two.
我像乞丐一样破晓就来寻找,只为着一两片散落的花瓣。
Ah me, what is it I find? What token left of thy love?
呵,我呵,我找到了什么呢?你留下了什么爱的表记呢?
It is no flower, no spices, no vase of perfumed water.
那不是花朵,不是香料,也不是一瓶香水。
It is thy mighty sword, flashing as a flame, heavy as a bolt of thunder.
那是你的一把巨剑,火焰般放光,雷霆般沉重。
The young light of morning comes through the window and spread itself upon thy bed.
清晨的微光从窗外射到床上。
The morning bird twitters and asks, `Woman, what hast thou got?’
晨鸟叽叽喳喳着问:“女人,你得到了什么呢?”
No, it is no flower, nor spices, nor vase of perfumed water—it is thy dreadful sword.
不,这不是花朵,不是香料,也不是一瓶香水--这是你的可畏的宝剑。
I sit and muse in wonder, what gift is this of thine.
我坐着猜想,你这是什么礼物呢。
I can find no place to hide it.
我没有地方去藏放它。
I am ashamed to wear it, frail as I am, and it hurts me when press it to my bosom.
我不好意思佩带它;我是这样的柔弱,当我抱它在怀里的时候,它就把我压痛了。
Yet shall I bear in my heart this honour of the burden of pain, this gift of thine.
但是我要把这光宠铭记在心,你的礼物,这痛苦的负担。
From now there shall be no fear left for me in this world, and thou shalt be victorious in all my strife.
从今起在这世界上我将没有畏惧,在我的一切奋斗中你将得到胜利。
Thou hast left death for my companion and I shall crown him with my life.
你留下死亡和我作伴,我将以我的生命给他加冕。
Thy sword is with me to cut asunder my bonds, and there shall be no fear left for me in the world.
我带着你的宝剑来斩断我的羁勒,在世界上我将没有畏惧。
From now I leave off all petty decorations.
从今起我要抛弃一切琐碎的装饰。
Lord of my heart, no more shall there be for me waiting and weeping in corners, no more coyness and sweetness of demeanour.
我心灵的主,我不再在一隅等待哭泣,也不再畏怯娇羞。
Thou hast given me thy sword for adornment.
你已把你的宝剑给我佩带。
No more doll’s decorations for me!
我不再要玩偶的装饰品了!