名人演讲 :奥巴马2015白宫晚宴(9)
We remember the journalists unjustly imprisoned around the world, including our own Jason Rezaian.
我们铭记被不公正的关押在世界各地的记者,包括我们自己的Jason Rezaian。
For nine months, Jason has been imprisoned in Tehran for nothing more than writing about the hopes and the fears of the Iranian people,
九个月来,杰森一直被关押在德黑兰,只不过是因为写出了关于伊朗人民的希望和恐惧,
carrying their stories to the readers of "The Washington Post," in an effort to bridge our common humanity.
把他们的故事带给《华盛顿邮报》的读者,为了构建我们共同的人性桥梁。
As was already mentioned, Jason's brother Ali is here tonight and I have told him personally,
正如已经提到的,杰森的哥哥阿里今晚也在现场,我亲自告诉他,
we will not rest until we bring him home to his family safe and sound.
我们在把他毫发无伤的带回家之前决不会停歇。
These journalists and so many others view their work as more than just a profession,
这些记者,很多人认为他们的工作不仅仅是一种职业,
but as a public good, an indispensable pillar of our society, so I want to give a toast to them.
但同时也是一项公共财产,是我们社会不可或缺的支柱,所以我想敬他们一杯。
I raise a glass to them and all of you, with the words of the American foreign correspondent Dorothy Thompson.
我举杯敬你们所有的人,借用美国驻外记者多萝西·汤普森的话说。
It is not the fact of liberty but the way in which liberty is exercised that ultimately determines whether liberty itself survives.
不是自由的事实,而是行使自由的方式最终决定了自由本身是否存在。
Thank you for your devotion to exercising our liberty and to telling our American story.
感谢您对我们行使自由而作出的贡献,并讲述我们的美国故事。
God bless you.
上帝保佑你们。
God bless the United States of America.
上帝保佑美利坚合众国。
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
微信:0012133598196