娜塔丽·波特曼2015哈佛毕业演讲(12)
And of course first and foremost, the center of my world is the love I share with my family and friends.
当然,在我的世界里,最重要的是我跟家人以及朋友间的爱。
I wish for you that your friends will be with you through it all.
我希望你们的朋友都能不离不弃。
At my friends from Harvard have been together since we graduated.
就像我在哈佛的朋友们一样,毕业后照常往来。
My friends from school are still very close.
我学校的朋友们至今仍非常亲密。
We have nursed each other through heartaches and danced at each other’s weddings.
我们彼此关爱,熬过伤痛,我们在彼此的婚礼上跳舞。
We’ve held each other funerals and rocked each other’s new babies.
我们在葬礼上彼此扶持,我们抱着彼此的宝宝轻摇。
We worked together on projects helped each other get jobs.
我们一起参与项目,帮助朋友们找到工作。
And thrown parties for when we’ve quit bad ones.
还在朋友辞掉烂工作时开派对庆祝。
And now our children are creating a second-generation of friendship.
而如今我们的孩子在创造第二代的友谊。
As we look at them toddling together, haggard and disheveled working parents that we are.
看着他们一起蹒跚学步的是我们这些疲惫而凌乱的上班族家长。
Grab the good people around you, don’t let them go.
抓紧你身边的好人别让他们走掉。
The biggest asset that school offers you is a group peers that will be both your family and your school for life.
这所学校能给你们最大的财富就是一群将来会成为你一辈子的家人,也是良师益友的同学。
I remember always being pissed at the spring here in Cambridge.
我记得我总是对剑桥的春天很不爽。
Tricking us into remembering, a sunny yard full of laughing frisbee throwers.
骗我们回忆起阳光洒满院子,人们扔着飞盘欢声笑语的场景。
After eight months dark frigid library dwelling.
之前可是8个月黑暗而阴冷的图书馆苦读啊。
It was like the school has managed to turn on the good weather
感觉像是学校可以操纵好天气,
as a last memory we should keep in mind that would make us want to come back.
使之成为我们留在心中的最后回忆,让我们总想回来看看。
But as I get farther away for many years here, I know that the power of this school is much deeper than weather control.
但随着我离开学校的时间越来越久。我知道我校的力量远不止它控制天气的能力。
It changed the very questions I was asking, to quote one of my favorite thinkers Abraham Joshua Heschel,
它改变了我想问的问题,引用我最爱的思想家亚伯拉罕·约书亚·赫施尔的话:
to be or not to be is not the question, the vital question is how to be and how not to be.
生存或毁灭并不是问题,至关重要的问题在于该怎样生存和毁灭。
Thank you. I can’t wait to see how you do all the beautiful things you will do.
谢谢。我迫不及待的期待看到大家将创造的美好事物。
娜塔丽·波特曼2015哈佛毕业演讲。