马修·麦康纳2015休斯顿大学毕业演讲(24)

Along a muddy path on this walk, I turned a corner,

我沿着一条泥泞小道走着,转过一个弯,

and there in the middle of the road was this mirage of the most magnificent pinks and blues and red colors that I had ever seen.

就在道路的中间出现了我从未见过的最绚烂的粉色、蓝色和红色构成的幻景。

It was electric glowing and vibrant, just hovering just off the surface of the jungle floor,

那是电光在闪烁着,跳跃着,就在丛林的地面之上盘绕,

as if it was plugged in to some neon power plant.

仿佛接通了一座霓虹灯发电厂似的。

I stopped. I stared. There was no way around it:

我停了下来,盯着看。没路可绕行。

The jungle floor in front of me was actually thousands of butterflies, there in my path.

我面前的丛林地面上真真切切地落着成千上万只蝴蝶,就在我走的小路上。

It was spectacular, so I stayed awhile.

那景象真是叹为观止,所以我停留了一会儿。

Somewhere in my captivation, I heard this little voice inside my head say these words,

就在我着迷地看着时,我听到脑子里有个小小的声音说了这些话:

“All I want is what I can see, and all I can see is what’s in front of me.”

“我要的就是我能看见的,我能看见的就是面前的。”

Now at that moment, for the first time on this trip, I had stopped anticipating what was around the corner.

就在那一刻,在那次旅行中,我第一次不再预测转角会有什么。

For the first time I stopped thinking about what was coming up next; what was up ahead.

我第一次不再想接下来会发生什么,前方会遇到什么。

Time slowed down. I was no longer in a rush to get anywhere. And my anxieties were greatly eased.

时间的脚步慢了下来,我不再仓促赶往任何地方,我的焦虑也极大地减轻了。

A few hours later I returned to camp, packing for my continued journey.

几个小时之后,我返回了营地,整理行装继续旅行。

I had a bounce in my step, new energy.

我脚步轻快,精神焕发。

Even the local Sherpas I was traveling with even noticed, calling out to me, “sois luz Mateo, sois luz!!!”

就连和我同行的当地的夏尔巴人也注意到了,他们朝我喊道:“sois luz Mateo, sois luz!!!”

Which means “you are light” in Spanish.

那是西班牙语,意思是“你的脚步很轻巧”。

马修·麦康纳2015休斯顿大学毕业演讲

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据