克里斯托弗·诺兰2015普林斯顿大学毕业演讲(2)
And I’m supposed to tell you that the rest of your life,
我要告诉你们,在你们的余生里,
you’re not going to be regretting the fact that you’ve left here.
你们不会为你们的离开而感到遗憾。
All I can really say is there’s probably a reason 25,000 alumni came back for the reunions this weekend.
我想说,这周末有25000名校友回来参加这次聚会,一定是有原因的。
But at least you’ve got that to look forward to.
但至少你还有值得期待的东西。
I was lucky enough to go to a university, University College London,
我很幸运能去伦敦大学学院上学,
that had a similarly impactful relationship with my life.
和你们相似,那里对我的人生也有着重要的影响。
That is to say I carry it with me everywhere I go.
也就是说,我走到哪里都带着这种影响。
How important was it in my life, well,
要说这在我的人生中有多重要,
my wife Emma who’s here today, who’s also my producer.
那就是我的妻子,她今天也在这里,她也是我的制作人。
We met on the first day of college.
我们在上大学第一天就相遇了。
And we made our first feature film at UCL.
我们在伦敦大学学院制作了第一部剧情片。
So four kids, nine films, or nine kids, four films, I get confused.
四个孩子,九部电影,或者九个孩子,四部电影,我弄不清了。
But lots of kids, lots of films later, we’re still carrying it with us as our experience.
但是有了很多孩子、很多部电影之后,我们依然难忘这段经历。
And so we were very sad to leave when we sat there in graduation.
所以当我们在毕业典礼上坐着的时候,我们都对于离开感到非常难过。
We were very melancholy as some of you will be.
我们和你们中的一些人一样,会非常惆怅。