SD冠军锦标赛|美国藤校演讲与辩论赛中国选拔赛

SDcamps•演辩营全国英语演讲与辩论赛

米歇尔·奥巴马2015欧柏林学院毕业演讲(11)

Folks like Lucy Stone and FDR, they didn't get caught up in their egos or their ideology.

像露西·斯通和罗斯福这样的人,他们并没有陷入自负或自己的意识形态中。

They didn't say "it's my way or the highway."

他们没有说,“这是我的路或者高速路。”

Instead, they knew where they wanted to go, and they were strategic and pragmatic about getting there.

相反,他们知道自己想去的地方,为了到达那里,他们具有战略性并且十分务实。

Because in the end, they understood, as the political scientist Joseph Nye once said,

因为最终,他们明白,正如政治学家约瑟夫·奈所说,

that "The absolutist may avoid the problem of dirty hands, but often at the cost of having no hands at all."

专制者可能会回避脏手问题(按日常道德标准看来是不正当的政治行为),但是常常以无手为代价。

And, graduates, with a degree from this amazing school,

毕业生们,你们取得了这所了不起的大学的学位,

and all the status and connections that degree confers, you don't get to have no hands.

以及这个学位授予的地位和人脉,不要成为无手。

No, you don't get to be precious or cautious or cynical.

不,你不要成为一个矫揉造作、谨慎或愤世嫉俗的人。

No, not when the earth is warming and the oceans are rising. You don't get to be cynical.

不,当你发现全球正在变暖,海平面正在上升,不要愤世嫉俗。

Not when too many young people still languish in communities ripped apart by violence and despair.

当太多的年轻人仍在被暴力和绝望撕扯的社区里挣扎的时候,不要成为无手。

Not when women still make less than men for the same work.

当做同样的工作,妇女比男性的工资仍要低很多的时候,不要成为无手。

Not when millions of girls across the globe never set foot inside a school.

当全球数以百万计的女孩从来没有机会踏进学校的时候,不要成为无手。

No, not when many young people just like you — the men and women we honor this Memorial Day

当很多像你们一样的年轻人,他们是我们阵亡纪念日致敬的人,

have sacrificed their lives for your freedom to make your voice heard. You don't get to have no hands.

他们牺牲自己的生命换来你们发出自己声音的自由的时候,不要成为无手。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

《米歇尔·奥巴马2015欧柏林学院毕业演讲(11)》

点赞

发表评论

电子邮件地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据