马修·麦康纳2015休斯顿大学毕业演讲(15)
Now personally, I’ve read a whole lot of my bad reviews, all right? I’ve had quite a few.
就个人而言,我看过许多对我的差评,真的。我有不少差评。
Written by the more talented critics, they’re the ones who give constructive bad reviews.
那些更有天赋的批评家写出了具有建设性的差评。
They reveal to me what did translate in my work, what came across, what was seen, or what wasn’t.
他们向我展示了我的作品表达了什么,给人的印象是什么,展现了什么,或者没有展现什么。
Now I don’t obsess on the unfavorable aspect of their review, but I do seek what I can learn from it.
如今我已不再纠结于他们的评论不友善的一面,而是在其中寻找使我受益的东西。
Because their displeasure actually uncovers and makes more apparent what I do do well,
因为他们的批评其实暴露并揭示出我的确做得不错的地方,
what I am successful at, and then I dissect that.
我成功做到的事情,然后我就剖析这些东西。
Life’s a verb. We try our best. We don’t always do our best.
人生是一个动词。我们全力尝试,但我们并不总是尽己所能。
Well, architecture is a verb as well. Yes, it is.
建筑也是一个动词。确实是。
Since we are the architects of our own lives, let’s study the habits, the practices, the routines
既然我们是自己人生的建筑师,就让我们研究我们拥有的那些习惯、做法和日常事务吧,
that we have that lead to and feed our success, our joy, our honest pain, our laughter, our earned tears.
它们不停地给我们带来成功、喜悦、痛苦、欢笑和泪水。
Let’s dissect that and give thanks for those things, and when we do that guess what happens?
让我们剖析这些东西并对它们表示感激。如果我们真这么做了,你们猜会发生什么?
We get better at ’em, and we have more to dissect.
我们会做得更好,我们会拥有更多可剖析的东西。
马修·麦康纳2015休斯顿大学毕业演讲