马修·麦康纳2015休斯顿大学毕业演讲(26)

So what do we do?

那么我们该怎么做?

First, I believe we gotta put ourselves in the place to receive the truth.

首先,我认为我们要把自己放在可以接受真理的位置上。

Let’s admit it; we live in an extremely noisy world, with all kinds of frequencies coming at us.

我们不得不承认,我们生活在一个极度喧闹的世界里,各种频率的声音向我们涌来。

We got commitments, deadlines; fix this; do that; plans, expectations, and they all make it hard to get clarity and peace of mind.

我们有任务,有最后期限,搞定这个,做好那个,各种计划、预期,它们都让我们很难神志清醒,心境平和。

So we have to consciously put ourselves in places to receive that clarity.

所以我们必须有意识地把自己放置在能够让自己清醒的位置上。

Now that may be prayer, that may be meditation, that may be a walkabout,

那可能是做祈祷,可能是冥想,可能是徒步旅行,

that may be being in right company, a road trip, whatever that is for you, schedule that time. Schedule it.

可能是有个好伴,可能是公路旅行。不论对你们来说是什么,都要定好计划。定计划吧。

So, if we do that, if we hear it, if we put ourselves in a place to hear it and we do,

如果我们那么做了,如果我们听见了它,如果我们把自己放置在能够听见它的位置上,并且行动,

and it’s become clear: a truth, natural and infinite.

那么它就会出现:一条真理,自然而无限。

Then the second part comes, which is to personalize it.

然后就是第二步,也就是要使之个人化。

Ask yourself how it works for you, how it applies to you personally, why you need it in your life, specifically.

问问你自己,它怎样才能对你有用,它如何才能应用在你身上,具体说来,你为什么在生活中需要它。

And if you do that, then comes the third part:

如果你那么做了,就到了第三步:

Have the patience to internalize it and get it from our intellectual head,

要有耐心将之内化,把它从我们聪明的脑中取出,

thinking about it, and into our bones and soul and our instinct.

好好思索一下,将它融入我们的骨髓、灵魂和本能当中。

Now we can’t rush this part, it does take time.

我们对这一步不能草率了事,它需要时间。

马修·麦康纳2015休斯顿大学毕业演讲

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据