TED演讲:你真的知道你行为背后的动机吗(8)

And this is of course important in your professional life, as well, or it could be.

当然这在你的职业生涯中也很重要,或可能很重要。

If, say, you design something and then you ask people, "Why do you think this is good or bad?"

比如你设计了一样东西,然后问人们,“你为什么说它好,或者坏?”

Or if you're a journalist asking a politician, "So, why did you make this decision?"

或者如果你是一个记者,你问一个政治家,“你为什么要做这个决定?”

Or if indeed you are a politician and try to explain why a certain decision was made.

或者你就是一个政治家,并且尝试解释做出某一决定的原因。

So this may all seem a bit disturbing.

这一切看起来会有些让人不安。

But if you want to look at it from a positive direction, it could be seen as showing,

但是如果你从一个正面的角度来看,这可能就表明,

OK, so we're actually a little bit more flexible than we think.

好吧,我们实际上比自己想的要更灵活些。

We can change our minds. Our attitudes are not set in stone.

我们可以改变我们的想法。我们的态度也不是一成不变的。

And we can also change the minds of others,

并且我们也可以改变其他人的想法,

if we can only get them to engage with the issue and see it from the opposite view.

只要让他们深入讨论问题,并从对立的角度来看。

And in my own personal life, since starting with this research

在我个人的生活中,自从我开始这个实验。

So my partner and I, we've always had the rule that you're allowed to take things back.

我和我的合作者,我们一直遵守一项原则,就是你可以反悔。

Just because I said I liked something a year ago, doesn't mean I have to like it still.

就像我说的,一年前我喜欢的东西,并不意味着我现在还要喜欢它。

And getting rid of the need to stay consistent is actually a huge relief and makes relational life so mush easier to live.

摆脱对维持一致性的需要,其实是一个巨大的解脱,并且可以让我们更好的经营人际关系。

Anyway, so the conclusion must be: know that you don't know yourself.

总之,结论就是:要明白你不懂你自己。

Or at least not as well as you think you do. Thanks.

或者,至少不像你想的那么了解自己。谢谢。

实验心理学家培特·乔纳森对选择盲从性进行了研究——即一种使我们信服我们得到的就是我们想要的现象,甚至是当我们没得到的时候也是如此。在这个使人大开眼界的演讲中, 培特与我们分享了他的一个(与魔术师合作设计的)实验, 目的是回答这个问题:为什么我们会有这样或那样的行为?实验的结果对自我认知的自然属性及我们如何对操控做出反应都产生了重大影响。或许你不像你想的那样认识你自己。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据