TED演讲:婴儿潮时期的人和千禧一代如何在工作中相互学习(5)

Here's how the alchemy worked for me at Airbnb:

这是我在Airbnb工作时发现的有效方式:

I was assigned a young, smart partner, who helped me develop a hospitality department.

我被指派了一个年轻,聪明的搭档,她帮助我开发了一个住宿公寓。

Early on, Laura Hughes could see that I was a little lost in this habitat,

早些时候,劳拉·休斯可能看到我在这个“栖息地”有点迷失了,

so she often sat right next to me in meetings so she could be my tech translator,

于是她常常在会议时坐在我旁边,自愿做我的科技翻译,

and I could write her notes and she could tell me, "That's what that means."

我记下笔记给她看,她就能够告诉我:“就是那个意思。”

Laura was 27 years old, she'd worked for Google for four years and then for a year and a half at Airbnb when I met her.

我认识劳拉时,她27岁,她在谷歌工作了4年,然后在Airbnb工作了一年半。

Like many of her millennial cohorts,

像很多千禧一代的同龄人一样,

she had actually grown into a managerial role before she'd gotten any formal leadership training.

在得到任何正式的领导力培训前,她实际上已经具备了管理者的能力。

I don't care if you're in the B-to-B world, the B-to-C world, the C-to-C world or the A-to-Z world,

我不关心你是在B2B的世界,B2C的世界,C2C的世界,还是A2Z的世界,

business is fundamentally H-to-H: human to human.

商业本质上是H2H的世界:人跟人的世界。

And yet, Laura's approach to leadership was really formed in the technocratic world, and it was purely metric driven.

然而,劳拉的领导方式实际上是在技术官僚世界中形成的,基本上是纯指标驱动的。

One of the things she said to me in the first few months was,

在起初几个月中,她告诉我的一件事是,

"I love the fact that your approach to leadership is to create a compelling vision that becomes a North Star for us."

“我喜欢这个事实–你的领导方式是创造一种引人注目的愿景,为我们指引正确的方向。”

Now, my fact knowledge, as in, how many rooms a maid cleans in an eight-hour shift,

现在,我对现实的知识,比如,一个女佣在8小时的轮班中打扫了多少房间,

might not be all that important in a home-sharing world.

在民宿共享世界中可能没那么重要。

My process knowledge of "How do you get things done?" based upon understanding the underlying motivations of everybody in the room,

我的基于理解房间中每个人的潜在动机,关于“如何把事情完成”的过程性知识

was incredibly valuable, in a company where most people didn't have a lot of organizational experience.

才是有重要价值的,特别是在一家大部分人都欠缺组织经验的公司。

As I spent more time at Airbnb, I realized it's possible a new kind of elder was emerging in the workplace.

随着我在Airbnb工作的时间越来越久,我意识到可能有一种新形态的长者在工作中出现了。

Not the elder of the past, who actually was regarded with reverence.

不是过去的长者,那种被尊重的人。

No, what is striking about the modern elder is their relevance,

不,现代长者的惊人之处是他们的相关性,

their ability to use timeless wisdom and apply it to modern-day problems.

他们运用永恒智慧,并将其应用于解决现代问题的能力。

企业家切普·康利指出,人类首次同时有五代人在同一个工作场合工作。如果我们有意识地体会大家是如何一起工作的,会发生什么?在这个演讲中,康利展示了年龄的多样性如何让公司变得更强大,并呼吁不同代际的人在工作中互相指导,让智慧在年长者和年轻人之间流动。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据