TED演讲:婴儿潮时期的人和千禧一代如何在工作中相互学习(4)
Truthfully, power is moving 10 years younger.
事实上,权力在向年轻10岁的人转移。
We’re all going to live 10 years longer. Do the math.
我们都会活多10年。算算吧。
Society has created a new 20-year irrelevancy gap.
社会创造了新的“20年不相关鸿沟”。
Midlife used to be 45 to 65, but I would suggest it now stretches into a midlife marathon 40 years long, from 35 to 75.
中年在过去是指45-65岁的人,但我觉得现在它延伸到40年的中年马拉松了,从35到75岁。
But wait — there is a bright spot.
但等等–这里有一个亮点。
Why is it that we actually get smarter and wiser about our humanity as we age?
为什么随着年龄的增长,我们在人际关系上会变得更聪明,更睿智?
Our physical peak may be our 20s, our financial and salary peak may be age 50,
我们的生理机能可能在20多岁达到顶峰,我们的财务和薪水高峰可能在50岁,
but our emotional peak is in midlife and beyond, because we have developed pattern recognition about ourselves and others.
但我们的情感高峰在中年及之后,因为我们已经形成了对自己和他人的模式认知。
So how can we get companies to tap into that wisdom of the midlife folks,
那么我们怎样才能让公司充分利用中年人的智慧,
just as they nurture their digital young geniuses as well?
正如培养他们的数字青年天才一样呢?
The most successful companies today and in the future will actually learn how to create a powerful alchemy of the two.
今天和将来最成功的公司将会是学到如何融合这两种能力的公司。
企业家切普·康利指出,人类首次同时有五代人在同一个工作场合工作。如果我们有意识地体会大家是如何一起工作的,会发生什么?在这个演讲中,康利展示了年龄的多样性如何让公司变得更强大,并呼吁不同代际的人在工作中互相指导,让智慧在年长者和年轻人之间流动。