TED演讲之败中求胜 你为何不会成就伟业(4)
So let’s deal with those of you who are trying to find your passion.
所以咱们假设,咱们来处理一下你们当中想追寻梦想的人。
You actually understand that you really had better do it, never mind the excuses.
你实际上明白你最好这么做,抛开借口。
You’re trying to find your passion — and you’re so happy. You found something you’re interested in.
你试图找到你的梦想,而且你这么快乐。你找到了你感兴趣的事。
“I have an interest! I have an interest!”
“我有个兴趣!我有个兴趣!”
You tell me. You say, “I have an interest!”
你告诉我。你说,“我有个兴趣!”
I say, “That’s wonderful! And what are you trying to tell me?”
我说,“太好了!你想告诉我什么呢?”
“Well, I have an interest.” I say, “Do you have passion?” “I have an interest,” you say.
“嗯,我有个兴趣。”我说,“你有热忱么?”“我有兴趣,”你说。
“Your interest is compared to what?” “Well, I’m interested in this.”
“你的兴趣和什么比较?”“嗯,我对这个感兴趣。”
“And what about the rest of humanity’s activities?” “I’m not interested in them.”
“那其他一切的人类活动呢?“我对那些没兴趣。”
“You’ve looked at them all, have you?” “No. Not exactly.”
“你把那些都看过一遍了?”“没有。不完全是。”
Passion is your greatest love. Passion is the thing that will help you create the highest expression of your talent.
热忱是你最高程度的热爱。热忱是能帮助你最好地成就自己才华的事情。
Passion, interest — it’s not the same thing.
热忱,兴趣–不是一回事。
Are you really going to go to your sweetie and say, “Marry me! You’re interesting.”
你真的会去找你的甜心然后说,“嫁给我吧!你很有意思。”
Won’t happen. Won’t happen, and you will die alone.
不会发生的。不会发生,然后你会孤独终老。
What you want, what you want, what you want, is passion. It is beyond interest.
你想要的,你想要的,你想要的,是热忱。它超越兴趣。
You need 20 interests, and then one of them, one of them might grab you, one of them might engage you more than anything else,
你需要20个兴趣,然后它们其中一个,其中一个会抓住你,让你燃起激情,
and then you may have found your greatest love, in comparison to all the other things that interest you, and that’s what passion is.
然后你就找到了与其他事情相比之下你最大的热爱,那就是你的热忱。
演讲简介:
在这个风趣直率的演讲中,Larry Smith告诉你人们不去追求梦想的种种借口。